Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: While my wife isn't looking...

Forum User
    Owner Since
    04'

Thanks
    I have a RHD subframe and rack off of a 96 GTO sitting in my garage (off a low milage front clip). I've been trying to get rid of it. It would at least get you started. You would still need the dash, throttle cables, I dunno about the master cylinders, etc.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    our shop 3k is RHD. I don't really notice a difference driving on the street, the most annoying thing is thinking I'm hitting the turn signal and turning on the wipers (I never bothered switching them around). I love having a RHD for shock value alone, it does a lot of marketing for me BUT I would never do the conversion again. it was a bitch.
    '92 charcoal GTO
    '91 red SL
    '91 red vr4
    '94 red vr4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PMP For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nationalmilkman View Post
    And as far as drive-thurs, if I'm to lazy to get my butt out of the car then I don't need to be leaving the house. I'm 27 not 60 so I think I can get out of the car and walk into a restaurant or bank.
    forget that, just drive through backwards, same with the ATM. people will walk out to record you lol

-Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    EthanS - where are you located? Why would you have just the subframe and rack?

PMP - are you going to NG11 this year with the car? I would really like to see the car and get some input on how your build on it went. How offen do you take the car out? It's not a DD is it?

Caswell239 - thanks for the help. I'll be hitting you up for some parts? and advice.

This build would be for the shock value and for the stares and looks from people that have never seen a RHD. It's just one of those thing that I want to do.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I love it! I stopped at a stoplight with my window down and hear a woman " wow he's on the wrong side of the car, that must be weird" I look over and it's a husband and wife in a new camaro and I laugh with them. Then he wanted to race! So I owned him... The double takes that you get are what makes it enjoyable
    1991 GTO TT restoration in progress
    watch the progress from the start:
    http://www.3sgto.org/f2/my-complete-...ions-4545.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Caswell239 For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since
    04'

Thanks
    EthanS - where are you located? Why would you have just the subframe and rack?
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I guess the importer decieded to keep the dash *shrug*

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    A couple of years ago I remember a seeing an ad or something for a place in Florida who did the RHD conversion for 3k's. IIRC they charged $1,000 for labor alone.

Maybe if you could find them they would have the parts you need?

Or maybe I'm just crazy

Owner Since

Thanks
    Shooter83 off the old florida3s forum was doing the rhd swap for $5g last time I saw anything about it and that was after buying the clip. Dash is kinda important for the conversion. Lol

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    PMP - are you going to NG11 this year with the car? I would really like to see the car and get some input on how your build on it went. How offen do you take the car out? It's not a DD is it?
    Yeah it's looking like we will be out there this year. It used to be a DD until about a month ago when I did some 'stuff'

Quote Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
    I love it! I stopped at a stoplight with my window down and hear a woman " wow he's on the wrong side of the car, that must be weird" I look over and it's a husband and wife in a new camaro and I laugh with them. Then he wanted to race! So I owned him... The double takes that you get are what makes it enjoyable
    lol i always say no i'm on the right side of the car, it usually takes a second for them to get it lol

Shooter83 off the old florida3s forum was doing the rhd swap for $5g last time I saw anything about it and that was after buying the clip. Dash is kinda important for the conversion. Lol
    that is crazy! no one had ever done it before when i did it and i got super flamed for doing it- is it a pretty normal service that shops offer nowdays?

honestly the most annoying part of the whole thing was switching out all the wiring shit. maybe its not so bad for someone who is good with electrical?

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah I seem to be getting flamed too for thinking of the idea. No shop does this, it's all at home garage guys. I don't see why some one can go crazy on a turbo 3.5L 6sp AWD '99 Spyder swap and get all kinds of support but when someone wants to sit on the other side of the car it's called dumb and a waste of time. Sorry but I would rather sit on the right in a reliable car than worry that my trans will break or turbos will blow up or the damn thing won't start.
    Last edited by Nationalmilkman; 03-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.