Thread: "The" Mitsubishi ASA Thread

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

"The" Mitsubishi ASA Thread

I know this has been covered before as I have asked the same questions going from CAPS to ASA; however, I wanted to put things in one convenient place for others to use.

This is for those of you who have moved to newer operating systems such as Windows 7 and have found that CAPS no longer works, I have compiled a draft write-up on how to install it. This will work with any version of Windows from XP to 7 both 32 and 64-bit systems.

*NOTE* Before you continue, you should know that ASA does not recognize Stealth VINs; you can either use the system generically not inputting a VIN and selecting the model and class appropriately or use a 3000GT VIN equivalent to your car.

For those of you that just want the US version, quick and simple, go here.
    Username: widsm
    Password: only
    Download the .zip file (above), extract everything to your location of choice, run the asa.msi file and wait for it to complete. During the install, you should get two registry errors, just ignore them and allow the install to continue.
    I prefer the method below for 64-bit OSs. Also, this method tends to have the 'installer' run each time you start the program which could become annoying.

For those of you who want the European/US/Japanese/Asia-General version, follow along:
    Downloads:
    Japan A
    Japan B

USA

Euro A
    Euro B

Asia-General A
    Asia-General B

Install:
    -download the .rar files from above.
    -open them with your preferred archive program (I used WinZip); the password is: dsm-club.org
    -extract the .iso file to your preferred location. You'll want to do both A and B for the region you're looking to install at the same time.
    -download and install your favorite drive cloning program to virtually mount the .iso file (for the first (A) of the two files (A and B)) as an installed CD (I used Virtual Clone Drive (free program) from Sly-Soft). However, you can just burn the .iso to a disc if that works best for you (you'll have to extract it to the disc during the burn process).
    -Run the setup.exe file on the "disc".
    -During the install, you'll see a series of setup options, on the first one (if you see it), select the language of your choice (I didn't see this option but things came up in English so I was good).
    --Next, you'll be asked for the location of the "Security Device"; check the box below the pic of a thumb drive titled "HASP HL".
    --Next, select "Custom Install" and install it to the drive you want (C drive for most of us, I didn't have an option to specify a specific folder on the drive) and before clicking "Next" make sure "Single User" is selected.
    --As things run their course, you'll be prompted for the 2nd disc; at this time, go and "mount" the B file or install the disc to which the B file was burned to. Then click to continue with the installation.
    -Once install is complete, it will ask you to finish but on the prompt it says to make sure to install the security device before starting ASA; click "Finish"; you will get an error, click "Ok". Here's what needs to be done: remount the first file in the series (the A file). Open the "crack" folder. Copy the .dll file titled "mmData.dll" to the appropriate location:
    Japan = C:\MMC\ASA\M00\PROG
    USA = C:\MMC\ASA\M50\PROG
    Euro = C:\MMC\ASA\M60\PROG
    Asia-General = C:\MMC\ASA\M80\PROG
    -Next, return to the "crack" file and run the registry editor titled "MMC"
    -Restart Windows.
    -When you start a new version of ASA for the first time a box will appear asking about connections, just click "Next" and you shouldn't see it again.
    -Enjoy your new version of ASA or install another starting over from the beginning.

To update to the newer version of ASA:
    Download

Install:
    -Open the .rar file using your preferred archive program.
    -Extract the ASA.exe file to your preferred directory.
    -Copy and paste the new ASA.exe over the existing ASA.exe in the following directories:
    Japan = C:\MMC\ASA\M00\PROG
    USA = C:\MMC\ASA\M50\PROG
    Euro = C:\MMC\ASA\M60\PROG
    Asia-General = C:\MMC\ASA\M80\PROG

I have installed all 4 versions of Mitsubishi ASA and have them working on my 64-bit Windows 7 Professional install on my Mac which I access using VMWare; so, I do not perceive any install problems on anyone running Windows XP, Vista, or 7, 32 bit or 64 bit. If there are problems, please do not hesitate to ask.

Special thanks to all of you who helped me in the beginning as I was learning about ASA. I couldn't have gotten this far without your guidance.

If you have found this thread to be helpful, please make a small donation to compensate me for the amount of time that went into compiling everything via PayPal at dididothat21(AT)hotmail(dot)com. This is not a requirement, but I did spend a lot of time on things.
    Sources: All US Easy My Beginning

Forum User Feedback Score 13 (100%) Austin@STM's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    thanks for posting this

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    thanks for posting this
    You're welcome but the thanks should go to Alan who asked if I would add it here.

Twin Turbo verified Feedback Score 5 (100%) GTOJOE's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    This appears to be the same version I posted about in 2010 with full instructions. I also posted instructions on how to make it work on 64bit.

http://www.3sgto.org/f2/mitsubishi-a...-usdm-346.html

Also not sure if that last little note in fine print is yours but asking for a donation is a bit rich.
    1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, HKS Twin Power DLI, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
    Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors.

Build Thread