Thread: Do i need a kenne bell boost a pump?

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Do i need a kenne bell boost a pump?

Hey guys i have had one installed on my car for years now (car hasnt ran long enough in years to put it to a good test). Anyways i just have 16g turbo's a hotwired supra pump and denso 720cc injectors. Do you all think i really need the BAP? Thanks

Mods: Evo3 16G turbo's, Titan manifolds, 680cc Denso's, ARC2 w/ large MAS, FMIC, TiAL BOV, DR Stage III heads, AC Delete, Flex-A-Lite fans, 25 row oil cooler,

Forum User verified Feedback Score 4 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You NEED dual Walbros. One pump (even a Supra pump or a 255 lph Walbro) is not going to deliver enough fuel to support the 16Gs and 720 injectors. One may be okay if everything else in the engine is stock, but that isn't likely to last long, even if it's stock now. Something else to consider is the stock fuel management set up varies the voltage to the pump, reducing it under idle/light load conditions. You should probably do the "Fuel Pump Relay Bypass" mod from Stealth316 to keep full voltage to the pump. If the fuel pump is "hot wired", the stock voltage is only used as a source of power to activate a relay that provides full battery voltage to the pump at all times. But there is a slight chance that the relay may drop out during "low voltage" periods. Anyway, just my .02.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Sorry i should have put it above but i already did the fuel pump relay bypass. Also im using a arc2 for tuning and i have heard that it is harder fot it to tune larger injectors such as 720cc+ (something to do with possibly needing to control the timing). So i am thinking about jumping down to something in the 600cc range as many people have told me 720's are way overkill for anything a 16g can do. I just mainly run the car on 93 pump so it is probably never going to see over 18-19psi or so. I am thinking about getting a meth kit also thought.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Monster Stealth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You may need it depending on how much you push those 16g's. Take a look at the fuel pump upgrade guide at Stealth316, the Denso pump @14v can support about 625cc injectors maxed out.

9B+93-13.2@108
    16G+E85...?

the cake is a lie

Forum User Feedback Score 0 pos-vr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the features i like most about the BAP is its ability to regulate a constant stepped voltage. and the pressure transducer it uses to modulate to a higher voltage.

I have two 255s and 720s and i will probably run a BAP as well for the reasons listed above.

if you really dig the ARC, you would have a easier time tuning with 660s or 650s. and if you needed more you could up the base fuel pressure a little.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Unknownvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Subscribed.

I only have a supra pump hotwired with 680cc injectors on a single turbo set up. I didnt think id need 2 pumps or the bap
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah ive never had any fuel problems with the car, when i got the 16g's the only other person that i knew that had them was mellon (dunno if u guys remember him). So he had one and i thought it would be manditory...

Forum User Feedback Score 0 pos-vr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    well, one train of thought is that a higher volume of COOL fuel is preferred over getting just what you need and playing with fuel pressure.

Having installed a few GT Pro fuel systems, i can tell you there is peace of mind in have enough, and then some, if it can be managed.