Thread: Which Maf setup with dr750s

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 Caswell239's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Which Maf setup with dr750s

Which Maf setuP are the dr750 people running?? I'm planning on using aem if that's any matter. I'd like to use Dejon blow thru just for the cleaner look but have no idea which is betterfor what.
    Thanks!
    1991 GTO TT restoration in progress
    watch the progress from the start:
    http://www.3sgto.org/f2/my-complete-...ions-4545.html

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) dpartinvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    the GM maf will be ALOT better, It's not really restrictive, and will let those turbos reach their full potential. although, you might want to ask matt himself, he would know better than anybody.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    /subscribed
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Keyan's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you're using ems just go with an aem map sensor and delete the maf entirely

[Droid X via Tapatalk]
    Recertified ASE L1/L3 Master Technician
    13G's on Pump 93 tuned to 421awhp/419awtq @ 17psi tuned by Pampena Motorsports ....375awtq at 2900rpm....
    Billet 19T HL's on E85 tuned to .....?

SDSU Alumnus verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) bboyalan's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Nov 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
    Which Maf setuP are the dr750 people running?? I'm planning on using aem if that's any matter.
    Is there any reason why you are looking into MAF sensors if you plan on using AEM for management? or were you making reference to another product of theirs e.g. FIC? It just seems a little pointless when you can take advantage of speed density on the standalone.

There are a number of people with DR750's using the ARC-2 piggyback [draw-through], but you can use whatever you want really be it LT1 or LS1 for blow-through.
    3/S Street Tuner San Diego's Panda VR-4 v.3 w/ 38psi (peak) on E85+Meth | 3094 lbs as of 7/2/19

'92 VR-4 - Fully built, AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, suspension, and corner balancing | '10 EVO X SE | '04 EVO VIII SSL
    4/1/21 - "retuned" est. 570AWHP VD SAE (580 U/C | second gear | 88°F) holding ~30psi (more boost & less timing still... hehe)
    On the side (v.4): IPS single turbo kit w/ GReddy 70mm, BC 3.4 billet stroker crank, BC gears, Italo billet oil pump gears, etc.

"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 Caswell239's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    So you saying I don't even need one? I have no idea when it comes to tuning and mafs or anything. I'm using a aem ems because ray said it's his favorite to tune with. What would you use then. Just a map sensor like the other guy said or how does speed density work? I read alittle about it but still not completely clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyalan View Post
    Is there any reason why you are looking into MAF sensors if you plan on using AEM for management? or were you making reference to another product of theirs e.g. FIC? It just seems a little pointless when you can take advantage of speed density on the standalone.

There are a number of people with DR750's using the ARC-2 piggyback [draw-through], but you can use whatever you want really be it LT1 or LS1 for blow-through.

SDSU Alumnus verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) bboyalan's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Nov 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
    So you saying I don't even need one? I have no idea when it comes to tuning and mafs or anything. I'm using a aem ems because ray said it's his favorite to tune with. What would you use then. Just a map sensor like the other guy said or how does speed density work? I read alittle about it but still not completely clear.
    You should decide based on what you want and/or are comfortable with. With the EMS, you pretty much only need the GM IAT + 3.5bar MAP sensors to eliminate the need for a MAS. In the end, they will all take you from A to B; some just require a lot more work than others.

I believe "Keyan" just paid a visit to Ray recently, and he had some awesome results [note: 400+] on a modest setup "TT Eric" was also there a few months ago with his DR750-powered Stealth.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Keyan's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    There are a bunch of different words being thrown around this thread; i'll clear up the confusion

MAS = MAF
    MAP = Speed Density.

if you're going AEM, just go MAP/speed density. It replaces the MAF and causes no restriction - so you get the most power & spool. It's also easier to tune with, you only have to work with a 2D fuel map instead of 3D (I think. correct me if im wrong on that)

And yeah I was there, but I used piggy back MAFT+SAFC, not the EMS. That's what ray recommended and its what i went for!