Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3000gt vr4 vs C6 grand sport

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

3000gt vr4 vs C6 grand sport

was at a stop light going out to my house and what do you know, a C6 grand sport with 458whp and he gives me a rev. I click it to high boost (18psi) and give him a rev back. Light turns green and I destroy him. I pulled about 9 car lengths on him by the time he hooked up and stayed about that distance the whole time. Smoked him. we get to the next light and stop and he rolls his window down and i swear he was crying. he was like "that got nos?" I said hah no just a v6. Then I turned off my exit. Love when my car gets over looked by these muscle heads.

Mike

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Nice kill.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice kill. How do you know he had 458whp?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    my buddy told me the grand sports have 458hp. he has a z06

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    gran sports are the same 430hp motor the bases have. seriously. your friend is on crack.

...i wish someone would rev at me. i haven't had anyone rev in my direction in well over a year or two. i had several "try me" back when the car was bone stock n/a (i had a 99 gran prix lose by about a car). i think it's the wheels. they just make the car look so damn aggressive that no one even thinks about it. i'd almost be tempted to think i drive a clown car because of how people on here react towards me; but if that were the case, i'd at least be getting revved at by rice-a-roni specials. NO ONE does. i get stares and head-swivels galore, but no races.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    everyone here thinks that their srt-4's are gods fast creations, and i smoke em all. The best race i had in a while was a cobalt ss and i was going 45 and he was probably goin 60 and let him catch up to my door then stomped him lol.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I can't wait to get my TT up and going!!! Kill city is what I pray for!!! oh and cameras to prove every kill!!! Btw nice kill SIN!!!
    1991 Stealth RT/TT
    Mods- Greddy Type S and a spun bearing.

[Yesterday 11:43 PM] R/T93 : Im reading hulk comics on Youtube
    [Yesterday 11:45 PM] R/T93 : he has to fight the silver surfer hand to hand...
    OhioSpyderman:why do you have to pee on my wheaties Dave?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin'sVr4 View Post
    everyone here thinks that their srt-4's are gods fast creations, and i smoke em all. The best race i had in a while was a cobalt ss and i was going 45 and he was probably goin 60 and let him catch up to my door then stomped him lol.
    Hey, I am not one of those young kids who has a SRT-4 with a few mods who thinks he's the shit. I, a 40+ year old gearhead, have a 05 SRT-4. I started with a MOPAR stage 3 and then I couldn't stop. I then found Darrell Cox Racing and spent another grand or so with them. I keep the outside looking fairly stock to get those young guys to think I am all stock. It's a fun lil car and I love telling guys it's just a F'n neon! lol I would keep going with even more mods from DCR, but what's the point? Except at a dig, nothing has impressed me on a roll to say "I need more HP!"

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    love hearing about muscle cars seein taillights

1993 3000GT VR-4

MHI 16-T's and supporting mods.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It depends what year the C6 is. It could have the higher hp engine if it's an 08+ model.

Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    gran sports are the same 430hp motor the bases have. seriously. your friend is on crack.

...i wish someone would rev at me. i haven't had anyone rev in my direction in well over a year or two. i had several "try me" back when the car was bone stock n/a (i had a 99 gran prix lose by about a car). i think it's the wheels. they just make the car look so damn aggressive that no one even thinks about it. i'd almost be tempted to think i drive a clown car because of how people on here react towards me; but if that were the case, i'd at least be getting revved at by rice-a-roni specials. NO ONE does. i get stares and head-swivels galore, but no races.