Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want more boost

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Razer440's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2010

Thanks

I want more boost

Is it possible to get more then stock boost from stock turbos? If so how do I go about doing that? I know boost controller but need more specifics please.
    Stealth.. It's not just a car... It's a way of life!!

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) dpartinvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    before you even think about turning up the boost, you should purchase an aftermarket boost gauge and a datalogger to monitor your engine so you can "turn up the boost" safely, then you can get a boost controller.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Razer440's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2010

Thanks
    Aahh okay and that sounds expensive. I think the stock boost on a 2nd Gen is 12? and want 14. I don't wanna get to crazy.
    Thanks. Looks like I will just stick with a new air filter and maybe in the future new exhaust system for now.
    Last edited by Razer440; 03-15-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 HLxDrummer's Avatar
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    Boost gauge is fairly cheap and nice to have even if you don't raise boost.

Logger for you car is reasonable if you keep your eye out in the classifieds.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) dpartinvr4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer440 View Post
    Aahh okay and that sounds expensive. I think the stock boost on a 2nd Gen is 12? and want 14. I don't wanna get to crazy.
    Thanks. Looks like I will just stick with a new air filter and maybe in the future new exhaust system for now.
    if you get a new intake, I.e. FIPK or similar, and a new exhaust, you will be very happy

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Get a decent brass MBC like the IPO one on 3sx and an accurate aftermarket boost gauge. Then you can turn the boost up to 14psi.

Get an intake filter adapter and buy a 6" or 7" filter from S&B. This setup is cheaper than an FIPK and better. Open ended filter and it's longer. You can choose different colors as well, I like the chrome finish best.

Then get an aftermarket downpipe and if you have an obdi car gut the pre-cats. This will make the car sound amazing, the exhaust will be more audible and deeper, and the turbos will be much much louder (in a good way). Frees up some power and improves spool times a bit.
    Last edited by Nytron; 03-15-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    1993 Pearl White 3000GT VR-4
    MODS: 7" S&B Intake | Stillen Downpipe | DNP Y-pipe | Gutted Pre-cats | GReddy Type-S BOV | MBC @ 14psi | Vac Reduction Mod | 2 Piece PST CFDS | Upgraded 19 row SMOC | 17x9" Rays/Volk Racing Challenge Wheels

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    This type of information is literally PLASTERED on the internet. It's pretty well known that the limit is 14-15psi on stock fuel. It's also pretty well known that you cannot do this without - at the bare minimum - buying an aftermarket boost gauge. The stock one doesn't read boost (mine was pegged when I was running wastegate boost). A boost gauge however, doesn't tell you whether you're knocking or not... so a logger would be a way better option. BOTH would be ideal, because a logger wont tell you what you're boosting at (unless you wire it in as an option, which is way more difficult to do than just buying an aftermarket gauge).

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    If you don't have much money to spend you can get a palm m100 for around $10 on Ebay and get MMCd free on this site, then all you need is the cable. In all honesty you need a logger even if you don't turn up the boost.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    if you don't have much money don't turn the boost up...you won't have money for maint or repairs!
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR2 For This Useful Post:

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
    if you don't have much money don't turn the boost up...you won't have money for maint or repairs!
    Best post so far!

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast