Thread: 1000cc injectors

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

1000cc injectors

well i decided to replace my them with 750's. Will it have to be tuned before I drive it? Figured id throw them in and then drive it, to get tuned. The car has a hard time starting when cold. this car was originally set up to handle over 800hp and just dont think I need the 1000's. will the 750's give me problems as well? the car has a single turbo thats running around 450whp with a fully built motor and Id like a bit more power, maybe meth and i really only want to change the injectors once..what do u guys reccomend.

One fix at a time verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) TurboSinceBirth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    What engine management are you using? You're going to have to retune for the bigger injectors even to get it to start.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

Owner Since

Thanks
    im running aem ems...but i want to take out the 1000's and put the 750's in not the other way around

SoSoCal verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) DuTTch's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    so what awhp are you shooting for, your saying this car can do 800, then u definitly need 1000cc but if u r going to 450awhp then 750's but you would need to retune it

Banned Feedback Score 11 (100%) J. Fast's Avatar
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    No reason to do it that way if you're running standalone. Are you having idle problems with the 1000cc's or something? You can put either set of injectors and have the same result since you're your own master on AEM. Keep in mind it's been tested and proven that certain MFR supplied injectors at low fuel pressure / inj pulsewidths can vary as much as 15% from one injector to the next, so be careful. The critical piece is making sure you install a dynamic balanced set of injectors and pay the extra money to have someone calculate and provide an accurate batt offset. Neither size injectors will make a difference, your BSFC range will be the same. Depending on what type of fuel you decide to run will be the determining factor for the justification of the 1000's. A possible upgrade to E-85 in the future would justify the larger injectors. My decision would be based on the Brand Name of the injectors, the dynamic flow test results, and the type of fuel. Pumpgas is for driving and fuel economy. Ethanol is for more boost, faster spool, earlier torque, and more power.

Owner Since

Thanks
    well the car origianlly had a bigger turbo but before i bought the car the previous owner swapped out the turbo for a smaller one. and since i wont be needing that much fuel i dont want the bigger injectors. im having a very hard time starting the car when its cold. thats y i was told to get smaller injectors. just didnt want my mechanic to do it and then not be able to drive it to get tuned. thanks for your input fellas...every little bit helps

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Starting doesn't have anything to do with the injectors... it has to do with the calibrator. The startup will generally require the same amount of fuel, air, crank advance and timing regardless of injector size.

Owner Since

Thanks
    i was told by one of the best tuners on the east coast that the 1000cc injectors are the reason for troubled cold starts. otherwise i would just leave them in.

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    You've been misinformed. Ever seen a 2.0 start and idle on 2000cc injectors? The difference is in the brand name and balancing. Cheap injectors are hard to control and can be unpredictable. Expensive injectors are predictable with absolute precision. If this person is one of the "best tuners" on the east coast they would have suggested you buy great injectors and throw what you have in the trash. In your case... cold start problems have nothing to do with the diameter of the nozzle, it has to do with control and measured precision. If I may suggest you direct your tuner to visit here with me, Injector Dynamics website, attend an EFI 102 seminar, or visit one of Tony Palo or Paul Yaw's blogs to answer questions about fuel injector flow, balancing, and design and why what he said is wrong and incorrect information.

Owner Since

Thanks
    hey j fast maybe he said that cuz he knew they were cheap 1000 injectors im not sure.. but do u know why it wont turn over in the morning when its cold but has no problems starting when the temp is over 40. and which 750cc injectors do u reccomend?