Thread: stock to aftermarket oil pressure/temp sending unit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Better than that "other" place Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

stock to aftermarket oil pressure/temp sending unit

Looking for some ideas on how to mount my aftermarket pressure and temp sender in the STOCK location. Before I'm recommended the sandwich plate, I really don't want one. I want to utilize the stock location.

Obviously I need to buy the Automoter adapter that goes from BSP to NPT, but I'm going to need a 1/8 NPT tee fitting to run both senders. Just looking for some pictures and part numbers of what you guys are using if you're doing it this way. Thanks.
    Last edited by x2xtreme360; 03-12-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Let me look I just bought and mounted the adapter for the Oil sending unit. I haven't ordered the one for the water pressure yet. Gimmie a couple and I'll have an autometer part # for the oil for ya

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Amazon.com: Auto Meter 2269 1/8" NPT to 1/8" BSPT Oil Pressure Metric Adapter: Automotive in case that doesn't open correctly here is the info
    Auto Meter 2269 1/8" NPT to 1/8" BSPT Oil Pressure Metric Adapter

I don't know on the water temp. I need to do that one next. Maybe someone will post up the part number for it and save some time searching

Owner Since

Thanks
    Thanks for that. I was going to get two of those. One for the oil port and the other for the water temp (our thermostat housing uses 1/8 BSPT as well).

I just want to know what guys are using to "tee" the two senders off the same source. I want to be able to clear the half shaft so it can't stick out too far.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I dumped the stock big oil pressure sender sense I pulled that gauge from my center cluster I did keep the idiot light sensor though. I wondered if the same fitting would work for the temp sender. I didn't even think about it when I ordered the one for the oil press. (sigh) I'll order it tomorrow and get it on the way. I hope to need it next week

Owner Since

Thanks
    Actually, I guess you can't use that adapter for coolant temp. I think I'll take this route for that. 1995 3000GT: Defi Coolant Temperature Sensor Installation

The AC temp sensor was only for 92 models, so that is plugged on my thermostat housing. Use a cheap brass bushing that goes from 3/8 to 1/4 NPT and voila.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Just installed the water temp sensor using the 3/8 - 1/8 adapter plug in the plugged port on the thermostat housing. Went in beautifully. Now just need to check for leaks and that portion of the install is complete.

On a side note, I went ahead and bought a brass T from home depot. Now I just need to see if it clears all components down there and if it does, it will work perfect. Both senders fit very nicely in it.