Thread: Bunch-O-Parts FS (mostly drivetrain)

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Bunch-O-Parts FS (mostly drivetrain)

Over the last few months, I've run across a lot of great deals that I just couldn't pass up. So many that I've about purchased myself into the poorhouse. I've bought a TIG welder, three cars, a lathe, and a bunch of parts... Before I inspire a new version of "Hoarders: The shop edition" It's time to clean house and set some priorities.

All prices are very firm, I'm not going to give away stuff that I could put to use myself or save for possible sales to local customers. All quoted prices include paypal fees. Contact me for shipping quotes.

First on the chopping block is a 95 four bolt running engine. I was going to put this in my white 92, but theres no way I'll get to that project any time soon, and I've just about convinced myself to build a stroker for it when I do.

It has 126K on it, runs great. I pulled the pan to remove a small dent, and rolled new bearings in while I was there, but that is the only work I've done to it... I have no history on the car, I bought it wrecked, so I would assume the 120K service should be done asap. It will come as a complete running motor with all electronics, balancer, turbos, intake and throttle body. Price is $1850

http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...=95RTTTvid.mp4
    ^^^click for vid if it running.

Next up is a spun bearing 93 4bolt core. It was a poorly maintained engine that suffered the consequences. I pulled the pan and wiggled the noisemaker enough to say "YUK" and put the pan back on... The only thing I can say for certain about it is that it will need a crank and a rod. It's never been apart so that's all I know about it. It comes just as I got it, a few random bolts missing, no electronics, turbos are cores, they have significant shaft play... Price is $800. what you see in the pics is exactly what you will receive.

Next, two five speed Getrags: I consider them rebuildable cores.

One 18 spline JDM unit that the previous owner said was grinding in 2nd. I never drove it, I took it out of a spun bearing car. All I know about it for sure is there is significant wear on the output splines, and I'd want to replace it. Price is $400

One 93 25 spline. this one was represented to me as a good working trans, but I have no personal experience with it, and no data on the reliability of the seller... All I do know is this one has significant output wear as well. price is $550

One lightly used Fidanza for a turbo car. Had very few miles on it when the motor went south, and the car ended up as a part out. Price is $250 *SOLD*

One nearly new take-out Daiken/Exedy stock replacement pressure plate and disk for a turbo car. Price is $125 *SOLD*

One Palm M100 with HotSync serial cable. Price is $25 *SOLD*

Last edited by RealMcCoy; 04-20-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Real Performance Automotive (541)816-4500 www.FB.com/RealPerformanceAuto

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    oh five

Thanks
    i'll trade you a set of newly resurfaced 4 bolt heads for that questionable 25 spline tranny.

let me know please

_isiah

ediT: and might you be able to tell me the difference between turbo and non turbo trannies. where they both available in 25 spline?
    Last edited by shmoo; 03-09-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The palm is sold...

Quote Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
    i'll trade you a set of newly resurfaced 4 bolt heads for that questionable 25 spline tranny.

let me know please

_isiah

ediT: and might you be able to tell me the difference between turbo and non turbo trannies. where they both available in 25 spline?
    Thanks, for the offer, but the point of this exercise was to slightly reduce my stockpile of parts, and recover a bit of my cash doing so... Trading for more parts does neither.

To answer your question: Only a turbo/AWD trans has an output shaft to the rear wheels. Those come in 18 spline or 25 spline versions... You will sometimes hear people discuss the spline count of the front axles on an N/A, because they switched from 25 spline to 27 spline axles in mid 92.

SoSoCal verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    is the 5 speed NA or TT tranny?

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DuTTch View Post
    is the 5 speed NA or TT tranny?
    They're both AWD Getrags... One 18 spline, one 25 spline.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Palm is sold...

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Been almost a month since I bumped this... Still have the stuff.

I'm also willing to pull the turbos from the core engine for a price drop.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Clutch sold last week...

Flywheel sold today.