Thread: Not using PCV valve...

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Not using PCV valve...

My valve cover broke where my pcv valve screws in. So, had a welder re-weld some aluminum and had him install a barbed hose fitting on it. sanded it down and repolished it yesterday. looks amazing. The hose fitting is about 2x the diameter of the stock pcv valve and I am running krank vents. I should be ok with this setup right? Most people who run krannk vents usually drill out their pcv valve. have another vlave cover on right now with the stock pcv valve and krank vents, but Im doing a different vent system and I am going away from the pcv with my redone valve cover

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Did you get my PM a while back? My VSS started leaking after I vented the CC. I hear some have problems with it after they do it but obviously some don't. I have a new way of doing it while keeping the stock PCV system.

I put the passenger side back stock but put my krank vents in the hoses between the heads.

Last night I changed it a bit to help equalize the pressure between the heads but kept both hoses because the vents are a bit of a restriction. Vents are closed when off the throttle and idle but under boost they let pressure out. So far it’s worked great. I might put another valve in the back hose that goes to the bubble later on.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    i have the rear to front VC hose venting to open atmos. the pass front hose with the pcv i will just have the krank vent only, (keeping them connected to the lower intake plenum,) and i will still vent teh rear valve cover hose with the krank vent (the one that used to go to the bubble) to open atmosphere. When I put the valve cover with out the pcv back on I will take pictures.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Cool

BTW To answer you original question yes you should be good.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    so, your running kranks on all 5 lines? hmm, i have all new vss and valve guides, new everything, will it be necessary to run that setup Paul? I am deleting the pcv and putting the smaller krank vent there. or should i use the larger krank vent. so, r u venting the lower intake plenum to open atmosphere also? there should be 5 lines right?