Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qualifications for the next NG Committee Chair

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Qualifications for the next NG Committee Chair

As you all know, I have stepped down as the NG Committee Chairperson, effective June 27, 2011 (at the end of the NG11 event). We felt it would be useful for you to know a little about what we're looking for in the next committee chairperson. I've heard a few say that I'm very good at planning this event, so here are a few of the qualifications that I had and that we'll be looking for in my successor.

My background includes business, obviously, and moreso now than when I started this job. However, I wish I'd had it when I started because it's been incredibly useful. So... Some experience in business ownership is requested, but not required.

I came into this with experience planning large events. I had planned and organized many weddings, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, and even an annual convention for about 3500 people. I even planned parties at our house every year for 100-150 people, including making all the food, sending invitations, etc. The person who succeeds me absolutely must have event planning experience.

A very strong attention to detail. If you don't like fine details, don't bother... You'll be frustrated and annoyed. I happen to like the small details (I think that's the knitter in me).

You should be organized. Trying to run this event without organization will only frustrate everyone, including yourself, the other Committee members, vendors, and the attendees.

You can't be too attached to the partying, drinking, and racing. Honestly, it's because I can ignore that stuff that I can focus on what needs to be done and keep it on schedule. One thing that frustrated Tiffany was not being able to race when she wanted to. While I totally understand that, it was a little easier for me because I don't race. You can't be hung up on hanging out with everyone and still get everything done in an efficient manner. You have to be happy with whatever time you get to hang out, but not require it. Hope that makes sense....

You better not need much sleep...

Flexibility is a must. I usually make one or two trips to the event site prior to the event, one for a site review and one for a details trip (like the poker run locations, hotels, banquet facilities, etc).

You absolutely MUST have attended at least one event prior to this year, and you must be attending this year's event. This year you would need to work the event to get a feel for what goes into it from our end.

You have to love the people involved with this platform and have a thick skin. You'll get a lot of criticism, little praise (although I'm pretty fortunate that people say "thank you" A LOT), and you'll donate some of your own time and money to make it happen. There are disappointments and successes, and if you want to create a great event you have to be willing to reach for the stars and know that the worst that can happen is that someone says, "no." And you move on.

I think that about does it... PLEASE... If you think you fit into this, let me know. I've already said that I'm not leaving because I've lost my passion... I'm leaving because I believe David and AF will step back and let NG post on 3SI again if I'm not in charge anymore, and I think that's best for the event. I think it'll rock this year even without them, but going forward it's not good for the hostility toward the event.

Something tells me we're going to find someone who can do this even better than I did it. They just have to be open to it...
    2022 National Gathering Reunion

Forum User supporter Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rocket's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Phew I am lacking qualifications all the way around

Someone stepping in is going to have big shoes to fill. G'Luck!

SoSoCal verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) DuTTch's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    show killer never races...........

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    qualifications for the next ng committee chair

there name must start with an l and end with an ori.

Something tells me we're going to find someone who can do this just like i will. I just have to be open to it...
    ftfy!

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I can't think of anyone that fits those qualifications. You'll just have stay on Lori!
    And why do we need 3Si? I bet there will be an awesome turnout and 3Si will have had nothing to do with helping that. I have to think that some of their advertisers will see the lack of support for the platform and stop advertising there.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    C'mon, people!!! If I could do this, knowing NOTHING about racing, someone else can certainly do it too. Step up, dammit!!!

Er... Please????

Under Pressure Not Verified Feedback Score 0 JohnnyTurbo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Think about it, for the reasons you said frustrated Tiffany, everyone here would suffer the same, so knowing that ahead of time, you will get no takers. I'm with a few others, who died and put [unkind term for AF Admin] and AF in charge of bestowing success on the outcome of a National Gathering? A poor turn out this year will probably have more to do with $4 a gallon gas & $4.50 for diesel than not being advertised on 3SI with the blessing of a banana loving tree swinger.
    Last edited by JohnnyTurbo; 03-05-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: 2 mAKe pEOplE HaPpiEs
    1996 3000GT VR4 Pearl White - Wallpaper Shots in My Garage Featured car for Dec. 2012 & #5 vote getter for 2014 in the 3S Calendar
    1993 3000GT VR4 Red - Up for sale. Stock drivetrain and lowered on 19's
    1992 Stealth R/T Red automatic
    1992 Stealth RT TT project - short block is back from Ray's, only need one turbo and a large can of motivation.
    1991 3000GT VR4 Mystic Blue. Second gen converted, 16Gs, lowered & rollin' on 19's - sold to step-son
    CarDomain Page

[IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6443/3sisigbanner002450x.jpg[IMG]

Chris said ninjas don't fall down. Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTurbo View Post
    you will get no takers--guess you'll have to stay. A poor turn out this year will probably have more to do with $4 a gallon gas & $4.50 for diesel than not being advertised on 3SI with the blessing of a banana licking tree swinger.
    added my own .02 but agree with the rest. Gas/diesel $$$ is the main concern for us right now.

There will be Blood! verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) CoopKill's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTurbo View Post
    Think about it, for the reasons you said frustrated Tiffany, everyone here would suffer the same, so knowing that ahead of time, you will get no takers. I'm with a few others, who died and put DPmonkeyhumper and AF in charge of bestowing success on the outcome of a National Gathering? A poor turn out this year will probably have more to do with $4 a gallon gas & $4.50 for diesel than not being advertised on 3SI with the blessing of a banana licking tree swinger.
    This makes me:

Under Pressure Not Verified Feedback Score 0 JohnnyTurbo's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post
    This makes me:
    Ahhh, no sadness allowed here, I will adjust to make frown turn upside down. But the AF Admin will still be a dick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast