Page 76 of 892 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176576 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 8916

Thread: What did you do today to your 3/S?

  1. #751
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
    yyyyup, i think im the only person here who would use a cooked clutch to completely tear down an otherwise perfectly running car..lol

    Jason
    Yeah I was a bit surprised when I saw your thread but damn it will be a beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  2. #752
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2002

    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
    Yeah, its gonna be fun! Doing something new with my car is one of the few things that will keep me interested in the car. Right now its boring

    Jason

    Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD and a Silver 2015 F250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD
    Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's. Just say NO to FMIC's

  3. #753
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    I can understand that, mine is finally starting to paying off.

    Edit: hopefully I'll enjoy it running well for a while before I tear in again. ha ha

  4. #754
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,490
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 543 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonY View Post
    yyyyup, i think im the only person here who would use a cooked clutch to completely tear down an otherwise perfectly running car..lol

    Jason
    i'm using the cast crank to justify a 20k rebuild on mine.

  5. #755
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    Polished another throttle body, just need to take the old one off and put this one on. Also had the leather on the seats "restored"... looks a lot better and was a lot cheaper than having them reupholstered.



    Before:


    After:

  6. #756
    The one. The only. verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

    Location
    SWPA
    Posts
    4,042
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 699 Times in 529 Posts
    Alright, I'll bite. How did you do the restore? I'd like to work on the seats in my GP, and even the black leather seats I have to go into the Stealth.

    [06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

  7. #757
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    I looked up leather restoration/repair and found a place in Nashville that had a good reputation. I didn't do them myself, and I don't know what exactly they did. The cost was $350 for both seats. The driver's bolster was the worst part, but they both had "issues". They had them done in a day and sealed/conditioned them also.

  8. #758
    JNS Engineering verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1994

    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,112
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 155 Times in 110 Posts
    They look really good but for only $250 - $300 plus your time you could have replaced everything with new leather.

    Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

  9. #759
    Australia verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    ...Thats what I was thinking, still look good though and much less hassle.
    Kangaroo

  10. #760
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2005

    Location
    TN
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 150 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimvr4 View Post
    They look really good but for only $250 - $300 plus your time you could have replaced everything with new leather.
    Oh no, I got a quote and it was almost $900 for new leather, I want quality. And I have seen DIY installs, and well I rather have somebody that knows what they are doing than trying to "wing it" to.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering