Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new clutch and now my car wont start`

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks

new clutch and now my car wont start`

well i picked up a 93 VR4 about 3 weeks ago.. had a bad throw out bearing clutch and shifting fork. been in the shop for 2 weeks now (alot of that time was waiting on parts) they finally get it in today. But now when they go to start it it keeps popping the ecu fuse... wtf could be wrong? also i guess the rear drivers side wheel bearing is bad .. how hard is it to change? if anyone knows of a write up id appreciate it a ton if you could point me in the right direction. god im sooo over waiting to drive this thing!!! ive wanted a VR4 for sooo long its not even funny!! than,,, ill post pics of it if i ever get it running right .. one other thing why in the heck would someone cut the wires to the o2 sensor ? this some sorta mod? or just someone was a complete tool/idiot that had it before me ? it has a straight 3in exhuast no precat or cats ...
    Last edited by dfoster101; 03-01-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    "Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it"

owner since 2004
    Owner Since

Thanks
    sounds like they trapped the wiring lume in the bell housing.
    3si is dead long live 3sgto.org

Wrench Monkey Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Some people unplug the 02's to keep the ECU in open loop for tuning. Not sure why someone would cut it though.
    1997 3000GT VR4 - Solano Black Pearl - E85 - E316G-BIG - All the boost
    1993 3000GT VR4 - Maroon/Blacktop - Back to stock/Restoration
    1994 Stealth R/T - Primer - Parts store

No sheep are safe tonight supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45 gto View Post
    sounds like they trapped the wiring lume in the bell housing.
    This, exactly.

Look for wires trapped between the bell housing and the block, your problem lies there.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    ok ill let em know to look for that then .. sounds pretty logical... thanks for the replies

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Definitely some kind of short. Check the hot wire to the starter and the one that trips the starter. I think I blew that fuse once when I forgot to unplug the battery and grounded it when trying to remove the starter. Also check your grounds. There should be one on the plenum also. Bad things can happen when the grounds are off.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    well i passed the advice to the shop n so hopefully theyll have it figured out by a decent time tomorrow... im s sick of waiting for my car to be done.. havent even gotten to drive it let alone really make my self at home in it lol, be differnt if they were working on a car id already been driven but i just bought it and dying to get a feel for it.. oh well long as it gets back to me all fixed and ready to go ill be happy even happier if it turns out to be a solid keeper ;} so anyone have or know of any write ups on dong the rear wheel hub assembly? trying to figure out if ill be able to do it myself or if ill need to take it to a shop. if the hub assembly just bolts onto the knuckle like the fronts do ill have no problems with it.. oh well everyone wish me luck on gettin my car back tomorrow lol

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    Well im still having problems with my car, they found a bunch of wires that got caught/pinched between the bell housing and the block. The group of wires im talking about that he pinched/broke is the section of wires that splits off to the left from the main loom over the transmission.
    So they butt connected them together and the car ran for awhile but now im blowing the engine fuse under the dash, i could move and wiggle the loom and the car would start run for a min but then blow the engine/motor fuse under the dash, but most the time i would just end up blowing the engine fuse cranks over fine though. just no start. So i then had it towed back to the shop and he says he went through all the wires that he broke in the bell houseing pinch ordeal and hard wired them without butt connectors this time but now hes not getting any spark. what the hell is in that section of wires that could be blowing my motor/engine fuse?
    heres the full out history of whats been happening

bought car with bad transmission, started it around a doz. times. Had to jump it cause it had a bad battery but no problems jumping it or starting it. After jumping it i could turn off the key and restart it so the alt was working but the battery just not holding a charge very long maybe for a few hours to most the day. and even drove it to the shop a mile from my house..
    I get it to shop they finsh the tranny work but pinched wires and it would blow the eci fuse under the dash everytime they turned key. found pinched wires (section of the looom that splits to the left from the main loom) fixed with butt connectors got it to run but now alt isnt charging battery so i have a friend bring me one from his car and we install it. he claims up n down its good but when we test it at autozone it comes up weak or bad also changed that bad battery. it seemed to be charging back so i chalk it up to autozone got a bad reading or whatever so we take off as its running... i drive around a little about 30 miles til the battery dies on me and tow it home.
    next day he says bring the car over and he'll drop in another alt. he took off of his stealth so i swap a charged battery in form another car and it starts no problems and drive it to his house and install the alt. he took from his stealth. but now we cant get it started but once and it ran very briefly. he says he'll get it goin and bring it by the next day. well calls and says it still wont start he went through all his work and says its all looking right far as his alt. install work but still wont start and hell have it towed over to my house. then 10 mins later calls n says he got it running just turned the key and it finally started. and is on his way with it to my house. then 10 mins later calls and says it died on him and wont start again.. The next day i go over to where it died and take a friend with me. We jiggle the wires and it starts once, but only runs for a min, then it keeps popping engine/motor fuses and wont start again so back to the shop with it again.
    They take and hard wire all the wires they narfed up no more butt connectors, but now no spark, no clue if it still blows the engine motor fuses now tho only said now its jsut not getting any spark. it may or may not be blowing fuses hes not tellin me anything more than that. WHAT THE HELL COULD BE BLOWING MY MOTOR/ENGINE FUSES???
    Last edited by dfoster101; 03-18-2011 at 05:37 AM.

owner since 2004
    Owner Since

Thanks
    sounds like he missed one or he cross wired one, i would go look at all the wires he reconnected and make sure every single color wire matches.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    4/2010

Thanks
    just curious what all does that section of wires control ? on a side note why is this thread not apearing in the new posts section? did i do something wrong on how i started it ? can i fix it ?
    Last edited by dfoster101; 03-18-2011 at 09:12 AM.