Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Future as NG Committee Chair

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

My Future as NG Committee Chair

This is very difficult and emotional for me to write, so please bear with me and know that this is not a post that I make lightly or with absence of forethought. I apologize for the lengthÖ

As most of you know, Iím currently the Committee Chairperson for the 3S National Gathering. This year will be my fifth. Recently, Iíve been on the receiving end of numerous personal attacks, primarily from 3SI mods and owners, but also from some of their members who they have been feeding false information to. Iíve been forced to sit in front of my computer and waste time answering the same accusations again and again, until I feel like a broken record. And it doesnít matter if I answer it publicly. I receive them in my PMís time and time again, with an expectation that Iíll answer. Because I have nothing to hide and view each of these individuals as people, not 3SI mods/admins/owners, I do it.

Then there was a time when I refused. I refused to answer the same questions again to David, the 3SI admin. I refused to return his phone call that didnít ask for a return call, but instead demanded my immediate response. I refused to answer to the accusations. And I refused to strike any more agreements with him, only so he could back out and never answer for it. And of course he jumped out there and tried to paint me in a bad light, yet again, for not responding to his calls, as though heís my boss and I have some need to answer to him. Let me just say thisÖ First, he had already backed out of our agreements at this time. Second, heís an admin of an auto forum, NOT THE LEADER OF THE UNITED NATIONS OR A POWER COUNTRY. I think he has a hard time accepting thatÖ But I donít. I donít answer to him and I owe him absolutely nothing.

My integrity has been questionned. Iíve heard of 3SI mods/admin/owners spreading unsubstantiated rumors about me. Iíve watched some of you get banned just for mentioning ďNGĒ over there. Iíve watched you get banned for trying to help promote this amazing event, all because itís accused of being a for-profit event. Most of all, Iíve watched you turn against me because of their lies.

So enough is enough. The NG doesnít deserve the bad publicity. As our cars slowly go away, and the NG slowly gets smaller (not this year, though!), I see that spending more time answering questions and less time promoting the event isnít helping anyone. And thatís what Iíve had to doÖ Time that should be spent on promotions has been chewed up answering to accusations. Thatís not fair to you, or to me.

The stress level is at a level that I canít even explain. No one should be questionned in the way I have been.

So, enough is enough. Please consider this the official notification of my intent to resign from the NG Committee at the conclusion of NG11. If anyone is interested in becoming a Committee Member and trying their hand at this, please contact me. Iíll be choosing my own replacement, with an ok from the other Committee Members.

Thank you so much for your support and the trust you placed in me for the last several years. While Iíve had my hard times and my challenges, Iíve really enjoyed planning the NG for everyone. I feel like Iíve made some great friends, and look forward to possibly seeing everyone at future events. Iím sure Iíll jump in on-site and help out (thatís just my nature), but Iím also looking forward to sitting back and seeing what someone else will do with the event in my absence.

I would appreciate it if people would please refrain from posting about this on 3SI. As you know, mention of the NG will get you banned over there, and the last thing I want is for someone else to get banned for supporting the event. Please also watch what you say in regards to their moderators, as apparently any mention of dislike is also cause for banning.

If anyone needs to reach me, feel free to pm me here on 3SGTO, or you can email me at lori at 3sng dot org. Iím no longer able to accept PMís on 3SI, as I was banned without reason. Thanks again for all the funÖ Iíve had a great ride.
    2022 National Gathering Reunion

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lori For This Useful Post:

Class of Jan. 2004 Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) pezcore's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2003-2011

Thanks
    Someone's getting wasted at NG this year

Thanks for all your hard work Lori, please don't think it goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    thanks a million, lori! you're a saint...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I know things seem tough right now, but I, for one, hope you'll think this over in the next few months and reconsider. Don't let the actions of one or two idiots spoil the hard work and dedication you've given the 3S community. I remember after the '09 NG, you were having similar thoughts of stepping down, but you saw the appreciation the attendees had for all your efforts to give us a fun event and thankfully, decided to stay the course. You've made a lot of connections with hotels, tracks and other venues used by the NG and all that would be lost if you left. I think you'll see, with the great turnout this year, that your efforts and hard work don't go unappreciated.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Low & Slow verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) kywhitelightning's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I appreciate everything you have done for us Lori. In the end it is your decision but I think you'll reconsider once you see all our smiling faces at the banquet. The joy you facilitate for us is out of this world and I thank you for that.

Jeff

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Fuck that, Fuck them! I know it's hard to do but please just ignore them. You have overwhelming support by almost all members here and there. Don't let a few pricks get you to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green-lantern For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Keyan's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Lets make this last year of yours the best.
    Recertified ASE L1/L3 Master Technician
    13G's on Pump 93 tuned to 421awhp/419awtq @ 17psi tuned by Pampena Motorsports ....375awtq at 2900rpm....
    Billet 19T HL's on E85 tuned to .....?

I AM IMPORT POWER Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Don't let them win. Someone can only make you angry if you LET them make you angry. Ignore them. Period.

Thank you for all your hard work.

-Chris

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja Performance For This Useful Post:

LW fears my posts Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    I really don't know why you care... You know that David is the admin of a car forum... and that's it. Besides him being the moderator for the classified section for many years, I can't think of a single thing he's ever done to promote the platform, try something new with our cars, or make meaningful contributions to the forum, like helping members with questions they may have. Most of us here that are in it for the long haul have forgotten more about these cars than he and LW ever knew, so I wouldn't take it personally if they are accusing you of things pertaining to this platform/forum/NG. Just ignore them. Besides, it should be a comfort to you that they are pretty much universally hated and reviled by most of the long time owners. If that doesn't say something about their character, I don't know what does.

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Lori,

I have read all that you have done as a committee, and the responses here and in other threads that you have poured out your heart are testimony to how the majority of this community think of you.

I have met Alan at one gathering and look forward to what I hope are many more. My wife and I visited your shop to met with you and my wife is into knitting. You two are good people, note I said "good" not "perfect"...too much hype and all you can do is disappoint.

Lori,

A person of integrity expects to be believed. And when they are not, they let time prove them right.

Time is on your side sister...April will come and chances are there will still not be any NG info on the other sight.

Keep strong,

Thank you for all you do and all you have to put up with to do your part in coordinating such a huge event.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast