Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had an autocross practice today, pics and vids inside!

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Had an autocross practice today, pics and vids inside!

Posted this on the other site, but here it is copied for your viewing pleasure

We had the first practice of the season today, what a blast! Took the VR-4. no changes since last year except the SCE brakes.

I worked first and drove 2nd, so I got to see about half of the course to see where people were having problems and how to navigate better. It was WET to begin with, cars were sliding everywhere, it was also very cold, probably high 30's. From 9:30 to 10:45 the first run group ran, then it was my turn. By the time our group hit the track it was beginning to dry up but my first run I was all over the place. I spun out pretty much the first turn of the course, lol. I got better and better throughout my runs but my final run was a 49.9xx, only a handful of people got into the 40's. One of the fastest drivers in the state was in a Pontiac Solstice and he ran a 47.xxx, he was fastest time of the entire morning session. I put on my exhaust cutout, it sounded awesome! It pulls for about 1000 more rpm, too. I never got past 5500 in 2nd gear.

I am running 255/40/17 Dunlop Star Spec Direzzas. The rear tires have like zero tread on the outer blocks, probably the reason I was so tail happy today. Tax return is soon, new tires INC....

Will post in car vids of all my runs when they get loaded into youtube, but for now here are the pics my dad took. He was using my moms point and shoot olympus, I dont know wtf is up with the yellow tint, lol.

This one is my new favorite pic of my car!

Super pimp doin his thing! haha

93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Spin at the first turn of the year, YESSSS!! Ok so spinning isnt good but everyone was doing it, it was really cold and damp. I wish you could see how squirrely it really was, but the POV of the camera doesnt do it justice. Ran a 60.xxx

Run 1

No Spin this time!! Didnt spin but didnt do so well, either. Spun through 1st gear on the launch, kind of fun! The 2nd element after the first slalom section I missed a gate, came in too hot, didnt want to try and make it and cut a cone in half with my splitter.... Love the slide before the final turn around. Ran a 52.xxx

Run 2

Still having trouble keeping the rear end in check. Lost control at the same place I missed a gate from run 2. Sweet powerslide @ 1:36! Hit one cone in the first slalom. Ran a 55.xxx SLOW!

Run 3

Was a better run than my others, did a perfect trail brake at the first turnaround, its hard to tell through the vid but damn, it was awesome. 51.xxx

Run 4

Best of the day for me, just was a little more aggressive all around and especially the end, 1st gear powerslide and slammed 2nd gear, I am sure that shift if the only reason I made it into the 40's, i ran a 49.907. My dad and I were so damn exited. Wish I could get some footage of that slide from the outside

Run 5

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Cool! congrats on the good run. Your going to NG right?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Most likely I will be there

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R/T93 View Post
    Most likely I will be there
    Cool this will be a good one. I hope to do all the events this time but with my luck my car might not make it.

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice! Were you using the tires and wheels you picked up from Eric? That was you that got them yes?

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just had my 17x9 with 255/40/17 Dunlops, just plain ol street tires

Yes, I did get Erik's 17x10's (those things are MINT!!!), but the tires on those are some pretty worn out Nitto road racing tires, I think I will rotate them and I can get a couple more dry track days out of them, then I will have to talk to my contact who has some slightly used Rolex cup hoosiers for sale

Owner Since

Thanks
    Let me know when the auto cross stuff is goin on. I want to journey up and play!

What's it cost and what is needed?

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    In fact, on March 12 there is a novice school. Its an all day thing, cost is 55 dollars, but its definitely worth it. I was an instructor for it last year and I have never seen so many smiling faces, was such a good time.

Regular events are only 25 dollars if you pre-register online (takes like 2 minutes) but the first race for points isnt until April sometime.

You dont really need anything except all the clutter and junk removed from your car, a good vibe that your car wont fall apart, and if you have it, a Snell 2005 rated or newer helmet (the track has lots of loaners if you dont have a helmet). Battery needs to be securely mounted, wheel bearings cant be worn, and no cords showing from the tires, thats about it.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Is there such a 3S with that vibe out there?

I will try and make the March gig, if I remember that is! I want to hit the road course as well this year for some fun...

I have my MX helmets. LOL