Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-manage blue to ultimate

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks

E-manage blue to ultimate

Hey guys I've pretty much decided on selling my blue and going to an ultimate to run speed density.

From what I've read the harness is the same besides if you go to full stage 3 wiring you need an additional greddy harness to avoid a CEL, so electrically I can swap the two units and not have to make any changes to the physical wiring?

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

One fix at a time verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The wiring should be the same up through Stage 2.5 iirc. Stage 3 wiring is different.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Do you have a boomslang harness?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Do you have a boomslang harness?
    nah, running stage 2 wiring hard wired.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
    The wiring should be the same up through Stage 2.5 iirc. Stage 3 wiring is different.
    thanks, that is what the big thread on the other site was saying, but it is nice to have confirmation.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you go for the Ultimate the 3rd harness supplies the 2nd part of the injetor loom for stage 3 wiring. Can`t see the point of running the Ultimate without full injector control to be honest, my PTE780`s drive and idle like stock on straight petrol.

If you go stage 3 you need the Injector Resistor Pack to stop the Injector CEL as has been said, (you can actually make your own with 6 resistors..).
    GTO-TT, PTE 1200's, M20, Emanage Ultimate, OS Geiken R3C,
    TD04-16g`s, Maf-t. 13g`s 12.4@115mph / 16g`s 12.5@117mph.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithMac View Post
    If you go for the Ultimate the 3rd harness supplies the 2nd part of the injetor loom for stage 3 wiring. Can`t see the point of running the Ultimate without full injector control to be honest, my PTE780`s drive and idle like stock on straight petrol.

If you go stage 3 you need the Injector Resistor Pack to stop the Injector CEL as has been said, (you can actually make your own with 6 resistors..).
    yeah I'm either going to buy a complete ultimate harness (my blue will probably be hard to sell without any harnesses) or piece together the fuel injector third harness from my blue fuel harness and left over wiring from the ignition and main harness.

I found a pretty good prce on the injector resitor pack: Greddy 15901507 Ultimate Injector Adaper 4

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    What happens without the CEL adapter? Any effects besides the actual light? I'm assuming this doesn't come with the Boomslang..

I'm looking to switch to the Ultimate as well.

Also, let me know before you buy a Boomslang. I'm going to try to put together a group buy.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    thanks, but I'm not going to get a boomslang. I don't mind soldering into the factory harness. I think I'm going to start out at stage 2 anyway and for that all my current connections work. stage 3 is "better", but I'm only running 550s and driveability now is really good. If I can't get acceptable driveability I'll switch to stage 3. Trevor was on stage 2 the whole time he had the emu and he said he had good driveability.

Some people said without the injector box the car went really rich or otherwise didn't run right. The ecu may go into limp mode. It doesn't come with the boomslang.

I've read both the big threads on the emu, they are very informative. I'm going to use the stock maf for its IAT and barometer. With the abs delete I think I have enough space to put the maf in the spot where the abs pump was and not have to cut it up. Obviously it won't be in the intake path, but will do what I need.

I'm going to run the stock intake bubble. I already have dejon pipes, so I do not see a restriction. I'm going to get a 3.75" pipe and put it into the bubble and then put a 3.75" by 9" k&n filter on the other end. Should be a really cheap intake pipe setup. If I don't like it I'll hack off part of the dejon maf style intake pipes, weld 90 degree pieces onto them and run dual filters. I'm not going to spend $250 on intake pipes.
    Last edited by Chris@Rvengeperformance; 02-14-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I think I found the perfect piece if I can squeeze a 4" piece into the maf bubble:

Turbo Piping

anyone have experience with how large of a pipe you can put in the maf bubble? I thought I read that the 92mm arc 2 maf will BARELY fit. I don't know if that 92mm is the O.D. or the I.D. though.
    Last edited by Chris@Rvengeperformance; 02-14-2011 at 11:41 PM.