Thread: The "Hello, I'm me" thread..

The "Hello, I'm me" thread..

So, I'm Houston and I drive a 1996 Danube Blue Mitsubishi 3000GT. I am a detention officer near Tulsa, Oklahoma. I figured I would introduce myself a little in order to better meld into the crowd here since I am transitioning over from "The site in which we don't speak of." Enough about me though.. about my car..

According to 3S (3000GT/Stealth) Story Teller | ypass.net heres some info on my car.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT is one of 3233 that received VIN numbers. Based on the order of the serial numbers, your car was the 1181st out of the 3233 that were made that year.

There is 1 car matching your year and model with a serial number under 100. The cars with the last 6 digits ending less than 100 are most likely kept in a mueseum or used for the final crash/road testing, but CarFax information is generally not available for them. Since this car will probably never be sold or registered, your car is more accurately the 1180th out of the 3232 available. For more information on this, check out The Serial Number Problem

Your car was built in the 3rd week of July 1995. Of the 6096 vehicles made at the Nayoga plant, your car was the 2815th vehicle to be created that year.

There are 23 other cars that were made with both the same interior and exterior color. There are 52 cars with the same exterior color and 224 cars with the same interior color.

Note: The production order is assigned based on the order of the serial number.

Other Numbers
    Exactly Identical (*) 21
    Mechanically Identical (**) 1119
    Same Model+Option Package 3232
    Same Model+Build Date 311
    * Model, Interior & Exterior color, Equipment, Chassis
    ** Model, Equipment, Chassis

So far I have replaced the stock shoes with some 18" Tenzo R Passion 5 spoke black wheels, and the 96' lexan headlights with a set of glass 94' robo/halo modded ones. Under the hood I have replaced the spark plug plate with an aluminum one from 3SX, and have also installed one of their radiator covers, a chrome oil cap, and plenum plug covers. I hand sanded the plenum and rear valve cover and painted them with heat resistant paint while I had them off replacing the stock "lifters" with the 99' lifters sold on 3SX. I recently purchased a set of door seal accents made be a local guy I plan to install soon.

Im looking for a few cheap ideas on how to clean up the engine bay a little more.. I thought about purchasing some dark blue tubing to cover some of the random wires and hoses with and accent the bay with a little more color. I'm currently pondering buying the 3SX Fluid Reservoir Cap Covers and UP Engine Covers Dressup Kit from them.

Anyone have some ideas they're willing to share? or point out some cool tips or other sites that might sell some cool, crazy stuff like.. battery covers or something cool..

Pictures.. (some photos may be from before I had the engine painting and stuff done.. due to a crap camera and bad weather..)

(someone on another site asked me if I had been actually driving around with the VC off when I posted this next photo..)

Last edited by Danube_3KGT; 02-12-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    depends on what you want to do with the bay & where you want to go. if you want it to look like linchpin's or duTTch's, you need CHROME and LOTS OF IT. the 3sx polished covers & 3sx cap covers are great add-ons to help with this. the 3sx injector-wire harness is practically a must (unless you just put a cover over everything). blue spark-plug wires also help bring out the color. strip/polish the plenum & both valve covers. a polished strut-bar will also add more bling. you can utilize wire-loom, and if you're going for bling, it's probably best to stick to blue (to match the wires/tubing). an FIPK for your intake can help, as it eliminates the stock, black housing (you can also get a chrome/polished cover to fit over the filter; adding more bling to the bay). silver flexi-hose to cover the a/c lines & other stuff will also bring out the "shine". an optima battery billet case is another nice addition.

in the middle ground: you have people who cherish the stock look. if you want to go this route, try and keep everything the same colors, just improve on them. your bay looks very much stock currently, so all that you might need to do if you go this route, is replace some of the worn/discolored/faded stuff with replacements which look "fresher".

the third option is where i'm headed with my car. it's not frequently done on a 3/s (i haven't really seen any, come to think of it). i'm going to "black-out" my bay. the general idea being that if "if it shines in option #1; in here, it's gloss-black instead." to do this, you'd need to keep the black valve covers & black plenum. you'd need to paint/anodize/powder coat your plug cover, and try to "blacken" any areas of the bay which are not black (cover, paint, etc). the bay doesn't have to be 100% black, but any color you do leave in the bay will explode with vibrancy.

last but not least:

if you're really baller, you can get a killerglass upper radiator pipe with a blue LED. drain, flush, and replace coolant with blue antifreeze & now your bay can literally "glow" blue.

then have blue radiator fluid? I thought about doing stainless hard pipes for the radiator.. Also, is the Optima battery cover the one for Chevy/Ford/Mopar they have listed that fits ours?

Just ordered the 3SX Reservoir Cap Covers and the Engine Covers Dressup Kit..
    Last edited by Danube_3KGT; 02-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Sharp looking car man... Hope to see it at NG this year!!!

I am seriously thinking about NG this year.. but I also have a new born baby coming this March.. So I kinda got to figure out how I am going to afford it.. The gas, food, hotel.. and then I got all the fees for just NG.. I don't think I'll have the cash..

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danube_3KGT View Post
    then have blue radiator fluid? I thought about doing stainless hard pipes for the radiator.. Also, is the Optima battery cover the one for Chevy/Ford/Mopar they have listed that fits ours?
    Just ordered the 3SX Reservoir Cap Covers and the Engine Covers Dressup Kit..
    Killerglass - Antifreeze Colors

engine ice FTW.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I don't know how I feel about that stuff.. Seems like it could possibly be a pain in the ass!!
    1991 Stealth RT/TT
    Mods- Greddy Type S and a spun bearing.

[Yesterday 11:43 PM] R/T93 : Im reading hulk comics on Youtube
    [Yesterday 11:45 PM] R/T93 : he has to fight the silver surfer hand to hand...
    OhioSpyderman:why do you have to pee on my wheaties Dave?

yea, kinda cool.. but over the top for me.. and something to mess up.. but i think i like the stainless hard pipes..