Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spare millions

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Spare millions

If only I had a few spare millions of dollars. Down here in SWFL the old Ford Test Track is for sale. Harley owned it last, and now they are selling it to consolidate their testing centers. Anybody know the winning numbers to the next power ball? The place has a high speed strip. It is 2 miles long. Also it has it's own circuit course.

hopefully you all feel my pain after looking at the above images.
    Last edited by enollava; 02-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    13,000 posts on florida3s, 19 on here. :P

i certainly agree though. if i had the funds (and residual income to support upkeep) i would totally buy it. could very easily use it for drag racing and/or local amateur circuit racing. opening a dragstrip is #2 on my list of retirement ideas; right behind opening the world's largest indoor laser-tag facility.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 AgentOblivious's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post

i certainly agree though. if i had the funds (and residual income to support upkeep) i would totally buy it. could very easily use it for drag racing and/or local amateur circuit racing. opening a dragstrip is #2 on my list of retirement ideas; right behind opening the world's largest indoor laser-tag facility.
    Laser tag is lame....I'd love to get a big shipping warehouse and turn it into an indoor paintball park, you could run so many different setups....and have built in boxes for those that just want to watch. :P

Oh and I'm sure if we all pitched in $100 for freebie runs you'd have a business case for the track.
    "This is a ridiculous cause and effect suggestion."
    "Yeah, kind of like the sun rising and then morning happening, eh? What are they trying to pull on us?"

"If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart into a microphone."

"It's easy. Take the last f*ck, and let it go, and thus you shall have no more f*cks to give."

Owner Since

Thanks

Hey hey hey, I only have 11K posts on FL3S. LOL. Plus I haven't been on this site since 2005. I like this site, but FL3S will be my first home since it serves my state specifically. I do check here daily. But yeah, I wish I could buy this place. 3SX needs to pick up shop and move down here to FL. I'd promise to bring them my famous pizza at least once a month if they did.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    this site didn't exist back in 2005....

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOblivious View Post
    Laser tag is lame....I'd love to get a big shipping warehouse and turn it into an indoor paintball park, you could run so many different setups....and have built in boxes for those that just want to watch. :P

Oh and I'm sure if we all pitched in $100 for freebie runs you'd have a business case for the track.
    dark armies already exists. and painball isn't "family-friendly". it also sucks when you're tagged out in 30 seconds in a match which lasts 20 minutes.

no...what's needed here is an interactive arena which not only "fires back" and grants powerups; it's also intelligent enough to know that the virtual grenade you just fired took out 3 people. one that allows spectators to drop a quarter in & use wall-mounted laser-turrets (until somebody in the game bullseye's them & puts it out of commission for 3 minutes).

i'd like to see a paintball game try to do 4-team CTF and not have the game completely SUCK after the first 2 minutes.
    Last edited by IPD; 02-12-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Stop thinking you are going to turn it into a lasertag park. It is the future home to 3SX and the 3S drag strip/circuit course.

Owner Since

Thanks
    this site didn't exist back in 2005....

dark armies already exists. and painball isn't "family-friendly". it also sucks when you're tagged out in 30 seconds in a match which lasts 20 minutes.

no...what's needed here is an interactive arena which not only "fires back" and grants powerups; it's also intelligent enough to know that the virtual grenade you just fired took out 3 people. one that allows spectators to drop a quarter in & use wall-mounted laser-turrets (until somebody in the game bullseye's them & puts it out of commission for 3 minutes).

i'd like to see a paintball game try to do 4-team CTF and not have the game completely SUCK after the first 2 minutes.
    If you're going to do that then go all the way and add augmented reality. Personally though when I think of lasertag I think of fat 12 year olds at a carnival who shoot you after you've killed them 5-6 times already....that being said, a MILES system would kick ass...

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOblivious View Post
    If you're going to do that then go all the way and add augmented reality. Personally though when I think of lasertag I think of fat 12 year olds at a carnival who shoot you after you've killed them 5-6 times already....that being said, a MILES system would kick ass...
    ...that's essentially what i'd be trying to do.

p.s.

even at $100 a pop, you'd never get enough 3/s owner support to buy this track.

Owner Since

Thanks
    ...that's essentially what i'd be trying to do.

p.s.

even at $100 a pop, you'd never get enough 3/s owner support to buy this track.
    That sounds better...at first when you said powerups and wall mounted turrets I thought 'oh god only one shade gayer and it'd be ampguard'.

1,828 members -> $1,828,000. Might make a down payment and a business case for owning and renting out the track. Mind you I'm assuming that a couple spare millions isn't say 10 or more (probably is though).

I'm sure you could find enough support on different forums....heck if that thing has a dyno and a strip all the demand from supra owners would pay for the whole thing. :P
    Last edited by AgentOblivious; 02-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    it's going to be turned into a housing sub-development. i'd bet on it.

i'm not sure how you'd connect "LARPing" with laser-tag. power-ups are tangible in laser tag. they render you invulnerable to hits, they turn off the lights on your suit, they can give you rapid-fire capability (among many other things).

you must be one of those people whose only experience with laser tag was the $50 kmart-christmas-present variety. my favorite laser-tag facility has a setup which is over 15 years old. just imagine what can be done with newer technology.
    Last edited by IPD; 02-13-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast