Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Buyers Beware* Skater334 = terrible seller

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Thumbs down *Buyers Beware* Skater334 = terrible seller

I do not intend this thread to be turned into a large debate as what's done has been done, I tried for over half of a year to remedy the problem but am still stuck with struts that are worth less than half of what I purchased them for from Skater after having confirmed that they were for the 3S application where, in reality, they are struts for an entirely different platform.

Months ago in one of his threads he posted up some KYB GR-2's. I confirmed with him in the thread before driving out to San Diego (the week following MOD in June) that they were the correct ones for the car (gave him the part number) and he said that they are correct and that specific part. Soooo, I made the drive to San Diego in the morning before 6 so that I could pick them up and didn't bring the part number with me to double check considering he already told me they were correct and he is all over this forum. As soon as I got home I checked the numbers and they are for a Talon/1g eclipse and are only worth 45-55 NIB shipped, whereas I bought them from him for 100 new but w/o a box or receipt. I contacted him that same day and have saved all of my messages from then til now. He told me thanks for coming down but he already spent the money on groceries and wouldn't be able to refund my money until his payday.

...that payday turned into the next...into the next...into waiting for tax returns. Again, since he is all over the forums and also a Marine I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I even told him I would be fine if he sent me payments through paypal and that I would bite the paypal fees AND return them to him at my cost. Taxes just hit and I wanted to drop him a line regarding finally meeting again. Two days after inquiring about the tax return and his wife sent me a message telling me:

"Hi, I'm the wife.....I've told Wes already multiple times we're not paying you. You badgered him too much and it really pisses me off that you did. He tried being nice, and we tried working w/ you. Your comments were unacceptable, and very rude. Thank you."

I don't want to be flamed for letting something go unsettled as I do admit that I should not have allowed this to happen over such a lengthy period, however, I am bummed out that due to this situation I will be much more hesitant to give the next person, one who may actually follow through with their word, the benefit of the doubt when it truly is all they need.

Lastly, before Skater replies in this thread regarding me constantly nagging him regarding the funds, being disrespectful and not giving them any chance I would be more than happy to post every one of my pages of messages to and from him and I. When you owe somebody money, being contacted once a week should not be a hindrance, nor should the person being duped be scowled upon for worrying about receiving back what is rightfully theirs.

I am grateful that I did not make any other purchases from him that may have ended sourly. It's sad to see that somebody who serves our country would stoop to this; furthermore, it is worse to see more and more that it only takes a few people to ruin the image for so many more.

(sorry for the long post but thank you to whoever takes the time to read this)

No sheep are safe tonight supporter Feedback Score 4 (100%) Valhallaz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Contact his commanding officer. They will see that he makes it right. The military frowns on such things.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) Wildarmz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    There are so many sellers that refuse to admit their mistake and make things right. It's a shame. I'd never risk my reputation over a couple hundred bucks. Hope you get a refund and thanks for posting a warning. It really helps future (would be) buyers.
    94 SL, 16 C7 Z51

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Well that sucks, I thought he was an upstanding member and an asset to the community. I hope you guys get this straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    "Hi, I'm the wife.....I've told Wes already multiple times we're not paying you. You badgered him too much and it really pisses me off that you did. He tried being nice, and we tried working w/ you. Your comments were unacceptable, and very rude. Thank you."
    If this is for real I’d find it down right embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) jba3's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've always been on the fence about him since I saw his posts on 3Sforums - something just seemed "off". You are 100% in the right, and his screwing around and whining about being "bothered" by you has no bearing ... he owes you money for something he blatantly lied about, whether it was that it's the right part number, or that he checked. His "wife", assuming it's not just him messaging as her, clearly seems lost as to how the real world works, or is involved in the screwjob.

Half of a year is completely unacceptable. I'd go to his commanding officer. Whatever happens to him after that is NOT your fault - it's his for lying and screwing members of the community, and he deserves whatever karma comes his way.
    1995 VR4 Coupe

Owner Since

Thanks
    Doesn't sound like I will be getting my due refund as he already told a moderator on the board that this whole fiasco began that he is not going to refund my money for the parts. He's told me I should have sold them a while ago and that they would refund the difference but 1)that is not my call to make selling someone else's parts. Who is to say that he wouldn't be upset that is sold them for X amount of money when he wanted fifteen or so more? and 2)I do not feel as though I should have to accept the hassle of selling a part for a car that I doubt anybody would want. Good part to the story, though, is that at least he isn't Warren from LMI.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Dbeltran24's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Listen to everyone who said go to his Commanding Officer. Every thread i've seen about a scammer, where the person scammed contacts the C.O., has ended well and quite quickly I might add. Its amazing what someone will do when their C.O. is breathing down their neck.
    MODS - DNP Intake with K&N Style Filter, Polished DOHC Throttle Body with Portmatched Plenum, Portmatched Intake and Exhuast Ports on Heads, Ported Intake Passages in Heads, Performance Valve Job (Street), 3SX WebCams Reground Cams, .20 Overbored Block/Pistons, 3SX Fed Spec Downpipe with Gutted Rear Pre-Cat, 3SX Stock Size Crank Pulley, BigTyla Ground Wires, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Seatlle92VR4's Hyper-Flex Polyurethane Motor, Ultimate Performance Strut Bars, 3SX Polyurethane Suspension Bushings, Shift Kit

Owner Since

Thanks
    Sounds like a great plan but I don't even know his real name or I would be happy to ask a couple buddies that work on Pendleton for some assistance with reaching his CO. Any ideas? Also, with it having happened so long ago and without there being a paper trail (receipts) how would I even go about proving it? I have the struts...he has my money...but how do we go off of that?

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) jba3's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    Sounds like a great plan but I don't even know his real name or I would be happy to ask a couple buddies that work on Pendleton for some assistance with reaching his CO. Any ideas? Also, with it having happened so long ago and without there being a paper trail (receipts) how would I even go about proving it? I have the struts...he has my money...but how do we go off of that?
    It's probably Wes. It was in his wife's message. If you know where he is stationed, it's a start. If you have the PM trail from him, that's a good thing to supply to the CO.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Here is a copy from my thread on the other site where this happened to keep everybody in the loop.

(another long post here)

Well...since I cannot shoot him a response anymore in private messages as he will contact the mods on this one, here is the most recent update. This is in response to me denying his request for my telephone number as anything he has to say to me can be said here unless it is in resolution which I am sure it is not.

Skater334: "Ok, then there will be need for a post about how we "did you wrong". You kept hasseling me, you treated my wife like she's a peice of meat to you and that really pissed me off. She said it's a done deal, and I agree. Don't ever give finanical advice to anyone ever again, especially if they're married since you aren't. You don't know their situation and have no need to know either. The reciept we got in the box with those said 91-99 3000GT 3.0L V6 Turbo. I don't have it anymore either. Don't reply back to me, don't make post about me AT ALL. If you do I will take it up with Bill."

He sent this after I had already made this thread so I don't think it is valid. Also, for the cost of 100 dollars from my pocket, I personally feel as though I have the right to post up this information.

Just to clear my name a little on this so that he can manipulate the situation to his advantage as little as possible, the messages to and from his wife are as followed. After my last message I did not hear from either of them for a couple days and then heard that I am in no way getting any money from this.

"Sent: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 am
    by slightlybossy

Hi, I'm the wife.....I've told Wes already multiple times we're not paying you. You badgered him too much and it really pisses me off that you did. He tried being nice, and we tried working w/ you. Your comments were unacceptable, and very rude. Thank you.

Sent: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 am
    by MADMarc

Nothing I have said to him has been outside of anything but business. For someone who sells an incorrect part after CONFIRMING that it is the right thing I am pretty shocked to see that you now control the money in the house and are replying to me rather than him dropping me a line. I saved all of my messages to and from him and will be sure to make it known what has happened here. I was hoping it would not come to this but I also had to expect it considering he has told me he would take care of me time and time again. It has been more than several months and I should have done this a long time ago, as soon as I return home for the weekend I will be letting the community know what has happened here and that buyers should beware as neither of you is good to do business with.

-Marc

Sent: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 am
    by slightlybossy

I've been dealing with the money since we got together, when I asked him if I could. We are reputable, you can ask RTericTT, Tazman, Son of a bishi, DJ Skillz 187, the list goes on. I read the messages cause he showed them to me. When someone says they can't do something, that means they can't, you don't keep it going with excuses. And you could've sold them elsewhere and and told us what the change we'd had to pick up was gonna be. You also realize I am almost due right?

Sent: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 pm
    by MADMarc

The fact that he is a reputable member on this forum (or so he seemed to be) is the only reason why I have been willing to stretch this out so far. He told me that if I could hold off until his next paycheck that he would take care of me...then the next...then a month...then taxes. Taxes just hit and here I am stranded. I had considered selling them but they cost less than half of what you sold them to me for and it is not my place to sell them as that should be in your hands. I am a government employee as well and I know exactly what he meant about being stripped for cash but I make sure to repay my debts before purchasing any type of luxury for myself, even if that means eating ramen and oatmeal for a month. Congratulations on the child but you should not have to bring that up regarding this issue. The fact that someone is expecting should be all the more reason to deal with prior engagements before the due date. My gut told me that it would come to this and I am surprised I am being treated this way. The deal went bad, he sold me an incorrect part, I told him I would bite the paypal dues and also return them to him at my own cost even if that meant driving there again but apparently he (or should I say you) refused. Money gets tight but how the hell hard can it be to put aside 25 dollars a month for a few months?"

I just need to reply to him here stating that I did not in any way treat his wife with disrespect, hell, if anybody has been mistreated it is still me...still somehow managing to maintain my composure about this, but how are they not considering they are on the better side of the deal? As for financial advice, one does not need to be married to give advice to another couple regarding finances. That being said, I did not give them financial advice other than saying that maybe they should avoid life's subtle luxuries for a few months to pay off this debt and clear their names. More on that issue, if you're 24, filing for bankruptcy, have a steady job AND are due to have a child I believe that you need whatever financial advice you can get. And lastly, regarding the receipt YOU received with the struts, that does not concern me. What concerns me is that you were done wrong and then passed the disadvantage onto me.

Is there any chance that somebody knows Wes's last name or the unit that he is in? Initially I did not want to pursue this matter at his work but now I would feel more than happy after the responses I have received from both of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast