I do not intend this thread to be turned into a large debate as what's done has been done, I tried for over half of a year to remedy the problem but am still stuck with struts that are worth less than half of what I purchased them for from Skater after having confirmed that they were for the 3S application where, in reality, they are struts for an entirely different platform.

Months ago in one of his threads he posted up some KYB GR-2's. I confirmed with him in the thread before driving out to San Diego (the week following MOD in June) that they were the correct ones for the car (gave him the part number) and he said that they are correct and that specific part. Soooo, I made the drive to San Diego in the morning before 6 so that I could pick them up and didn't bring the part number with me to double check considering he already told me they were correct and he is all over this forum. As soon as I got home I checked the numbers and they are for a Talon/1g eclipse and are only worth 45-55 NIB shipped, whereas I bought them from him for 100 new but w/o a box or receipt. I contacted him that same day and have saved all of my messages from then til now. He told me thanks for coming down but he already spent the money on groceries and wouldn't be able to refund my money until his payday.

...that payday turned into the next...into the next...into waiting for tax returns. Again, since he is all over the forums and also a Marine I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I even told him I would be fine if he sent me payments through paypal and that I would bite the paypal fees AND return them to him at my cost. Taxes just hit and I wanted to drop him a line regarding finally meeting again. Two days after inquiring about the tax return and his wife sent me a message telling me:

"Hi, I'm the wife.....I've told Wes already multiple times we're not paying you. You badgered him too much and it really pisses me off that you did. He tried being nice, and we tried working w/ you. Your comments were unacceptable, and very rude. Thank you."

I don't want to be flamed for letting something go unsettled as I do admit that I should not have allowed this to happen over such a lengthy period, however, I am bummed out that due to this situation I will be much more hesitant to give the next person, one who may actually follow through with their word, the benefit of the doubt when it truly is all they need.

Lastly, before Skater replies in this thread regarding me constantly nagging him regarding the funds, being disrespectful and not giving them any chance I would be more than happy to post every one of my pages of messages to and from him and I. When you owe somebody money, being contacted once a week should not be a hindrance, nor should the person being duped be scowled upon for worrying about receiving back what is rightfully theirs.

I am grateful that I did not make any other purchases from him that may have ended sourly. It's sad to see that somebody who serves our country would stoop to this; furthermore, it is worse to see more and more that it only takes a few people to ruin the image for so many more.

(sorry for the long post but thank you to whoever takes the time to read this)