Thread: What is this?

Roo fuckers anonymous verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) GTO Assassin's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Question What is this?

Do I need it? I want to remove it. (the long black tubes with the mounting point in the middle - not the mechanic working on it )

Thanks.

Scotty

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Thats the Clutch Vacuum Accumulator - holds vacuum whilst the car is off then the clutch is easier to depress when you first get in the car.

You can remove it by disconnecting the hose on the firewall and connecting it to the brake booster. Completly un-necessary IMO

Best to do it along with the Vacuum Reduction mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hdnixon For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    Ah. Thank you for that.

Scotty

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Look up shotgun delete. I believe that’s what it is called. No, you don’t need it.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) jba3's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Clutch vac assist is what I've seen it called - I ditched mine about a year ago and there's no difference at all.

****MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE ONE WAY CHECK VALVE WHEN YOU DO THE LOOP CONNECT AT THE FIREWALL****

Pardon the wiring and other crap in the way - it was temporary. I can get an updated pic with less junk in there if you need one.
    1995 VR4 Coupe

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Hey scooter, you might want to contact Wayne. I believe he sold a kit or something. Not sure if he still does or not though.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Hey scooter, you might want to contact Wayne. I believe he sold a kit or something. Not sure if he still does or not though.
    The "kit" would just be ~1 ft of hose and a plug or vac cap for the back of the manifold. That's the only things needed.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jba3 View Post
    The "kit" would just be ~1 ft of hose and a plug or vac cap for the back of the manifold. That's the only things needed.
    I believe thatís all it was other than a valve. The hose was decorative and I think it also did/deleted something else also. I canít remember exactly, hell it might not have been for that at all. It wasnít like a 100 dollar part or anything. Sorry for posting

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I believe that’s all it was other than a valve. The hose was decorative and I think it also did/deleted something else also. I can’t remember exactly, hell it might not have been for that at all. It wasn’t like a 100 dollar part or anything. Sorry for posting
    No worries, I've never seen a kit for sale so I'm going off what I did with my car. The valve in the kit is probably a new valve, I just reused the existing one based on a post I saw a year or so ago. Just trying to make sure Scotty doesn't overpay for a kit when he can pick up the couple things for under $5 at the local parts store. That way, he has more money to take out a special 'roo for the weekend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jba3 For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    No worries. Thanks guys. Will contact le Hammer and see what he says. Hoping to do a local job the easiest way.

Scotty