Thread: Battlefield 3 Known Specs Released!!!!

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Amphiron's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Battlefield 3 Known Specs Released!!!!

Battlefield 3: Official Teaser Trailer HD 1080p

Battlefield 3 Specs:
    Release date: Autumn 2011 (solid date TBA)
    Beta: July 2011
    Platforms: Battlefield 3 will be available for PC, xBox 360 & Playstation 3. No plans for the Nintendo Wii. (Even tho it is a port EA insists special attention will be given to the PC version.
    Operating systems: Windows 7 / Vista only. WinXP, Mac OS & Linux are NOT supported.
    Single player mode included on all systems.
    Minimum/Recommended Hardware
    (TBA)
    Mulitplayer support:
    Playstation 3 – 26 players.
    Xbox 360 – 26 players.
    PC Version – 64 players.
    Wii Version – 0 players. (see: Battlefield 3 for Wii)
    Battlefield 3 Maps (Mostly urban. Much isn’t known yet, but this is what we got so far)
    Paris
    Tehran
    New York
    Factions
    USMC
    EU
    Russian
    MEC
    Battlefield 3 Gameplay:
    Real life weather.
    Day/Night
    Vehicle warfare (including sea battles)
    16 types of jets and 8 helicopters.
    Prone position will be included.
    New feature: drag fallen teammates to saftey. (I particularly can’t wait for this one. Just watch pesky teammates dump people off the ship or a tall building, lol’s anyone?)
    Battlefield 3 Extras:
    Battlefield 3 Limited edition copy will be announced at GDC 2011 which will include the popular Battlefield 2 map, Strike at Karkand.
    Please continue checking this article for updates or check out our Battlefield 3 Wiki (give us some time as the page is outdated) page for more information. To get the latest information join our facebook fanpage to get up to the minute news.
    Via: Battlefield 3 Specs

My Girlfriend is going to break up with me because of this game

Stress free wheel gap. Not Verified Feedback Score 0 YoshiBishi's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    My Girlfriend is going to break up with me because of this game

That's what I said about BF Bad Company 2 and COD Black Ops. Instead, she buys the games and runs around with the sole purpose of knifing me. She ignores every other player, and goes straight to knifing me until I rage quit. Her screen watching doesn't make it easy to hide =/.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Amphiron's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Haha well I'm buying this for PC, so I won't be able to play with her until I buy another computer.

Member Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looks like they are finally bringing Battlefield back to where it once was. I can't wait for this to come out

Hitokiri Battousai verified Feedback Score 0 Jeremy C's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2002

Thanks
    Yeah, my wife doesn't try to knife me in games. The only game we play where we compete against each other is W40KoW, so she's much more inclined to orbitally bombard me or to call up Daemon Princes to rip my army to shreds. Past that, we much rather enjoy co-op. In games where we can compete against other teams is even more fun since we have instant communication and know how each other play.

Sadly, I can't get excited about anymore of these CoD/BF games. They're just not fun to me when they are just marginally updated versions of the same game that was released last year, the year before, and the year before. About the only games I'm looking forward to this year include DoWII: Retribution, Duke Nuke'm, Red Faction: Armageddon, and a handful of other smaller games. MP FPS has lost it's appeal to me.

Member Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy C View Post
    Sadly, I can't get excited about anymore of these CoD/BF games. They're just not fun to me when they are just marginally updated versions of the same game that was released last year, the year before, and the year before. About the only games I'm looking forward to this year include DoWII: Retribution, Duke Nuke'm, Red Faction: Armageddon, and a handful of other smaller games. MP FPS has lost it's appeal to me.

I agree. It seems like a waste of money to feel like your buying the same game over and over again. I couldn't bring myself to buy this last Modern Warfare that came out, because all of my friends told me it was basically just a map pack, and a small one at that. I didn't know they were coming out with another Red Faction. The first one was great, but I remember not enjoying the second one as much and writing it off.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've only just started playing BC2 and am seriously looking at Homefront when it comes out... I'm going to wait till BF3 is fully out before I look at buying it. All I can see with BF3 is throw some C4 blow a hole and prone in it and pop everyone off- not good.
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Stress free wheel gap. Not Verified Feedback Score 0 YoshiBishi's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    Haha well I'm buying this for PC, so I won't be able to play with her until I buy another computer.
    We both play on PC as well. We are to computers like the GZP guys are to 3/Ss. We've got so many damn computers parts that I've got enough to build 20 gaming machines.

Hitokiri Battousai verified Feedback Score 0 Jeremy C's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroth View Post
    I agree. It seems like a waste of money to feel like your buying the same game over and over again. I couldn't bring myself to buy this last Modern Warfare that came out, because all of my friends told me it was basically just a map pack, and a small one at that. I didn't know they were coming out with another Red Faction. The first one was great, but I remember not enjoying the second one as much and writing it off.
    This Red Faction goes in line with the 3rd one (Red Faction: Guerrilla), which is a complete change in direction from the first two games. 3rd person perspective, and a lot of similarities with GTA (steal cars, blow shit up). The fun in RF:G to me was the total destruction you could wreak on buildings and the tools they give you to do so. Taking down an entire military complex with a 10lb sledge is therapeutic.

Why? Because Race Car. verified Feedback Score 0 akotten's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Wow, I didn't even really know BF3 was in the works (I'm obviously outta the loop). I remember playing the BF2 beta back in like 2005 and continued to do so until I started college. I have basically quit playing video games all together actually, but mostly because my xbox broke and I never upgraded my computer again. I am definitely upgrading my video card and buying BF3! This, looks, AWESOME!

Anyone want to guess what video cards will be required to play smoothly at full res? I'm going to wait until the game is released to buy a card because I'm sure better cards will become available by then, but I was looking at like an AMD 6850 or Nvidia 470...ish.
    Last edited by akotten; 02-07-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.