Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite book to movie

Roo fuckers anonymous verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Cool Your favourite book to movie

I dont read a book every week, but I try to get one read each month. Not many movies do their book justice I'm sure you'll agree. But I think Peter Jackson with Lord of the Rings was pretty impressive and probably my pick. Now having said that I haven't read those big arse books, but the word around the traps is while the movies have missed alot of what's in the book, it's a very good adaption.

What are you thoughts and choices?

Scotty

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Its probably not the best movie, and they did mess some things up from the book, but Stephen King's Dreamcatcher is one for me. I read the book first. Maybe its the way King describes things, there were parts of the book that confused me and I just couldn't visualize what he was trying to convey. Upon seeing the movie, it then made sense to me.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

3SWiki.org
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    If you're looking for a good read, one of my favorite books (that was later turned into a movie) was The Beach by Alex Garland:

Amazon.com: The Beach (9781573226523): Alex Garland: Books

Like Steathee, I read the book a few years before the movie came out. The story itself was very well-written and intriguing (IMO), but of course the movie left out a lot that made the book such a page-turner (but to its credit, they did include some great scenery and a beautiful French actress: Virginie Ledoyen). If you haven't seen the movie yet, I'd recommend reading the book first - I think you'll enjoy it a lot more.

If you do end up reading it, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Owner Since

Thanks
    What Dreams May Come. One of the best books I have ever read. It's really deep and thought invoking. I also really enjoyed the movie (despite Robin Williams being in it). The movie doesn't have near the depth, but I think they did what they could with an hour and a half.

On the opposite side of that I also really loved the book I am Legend. The newest movie on it took something amazing and chewed it up and make a Will Smith movie out of it. The movie is almost the literal opposite of what the book was in every way. The book is definitely worth a read though.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Dune.
    You should try EVE. Click here for a free trial

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Twilight.

...lololol I totally couldn't resist. Going old school on this one but I really want to say To Kill a Mockingbird or Great Gatsby. I know they're both super old and we all had to read them back in the day for school but thinking back I thought that both of those films were depicted very well in the films. Hell, maybe even The Sun Also Rises; however, that one was missing a few key elements in the movie but the classics didn't seem to chop them up nearly as much as they do now.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    My favorite books aren't likely to be made into movies, but the closest approach to the book I have so far experienced would probably be The Hunt For Red October.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroth View Post
    On the opposite side of that I also really loved the book I am Legend. The newest movie on it took something amazing and chewed it up and make a Will Smith movie out of it. The movie is almost the literal opposite of what the book was in every way. The book is definitely worth a read though.
    Truth, I actually just finished reading this last week. Excellent book. The Omega Man was closer to staying true to the novel. For the recent Will Smith movie to have made any sense you will have to watch it with the alternate ending, where he actually has the same epiphany that Robert has in the book.
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

-jeff

1992 SVX LS-L
    1996 3000GT FWD-TT
    2005 XC90 T6 AWD

i collect parts.

6g74 block : 6g74 crankshaft (for sale!) : 6g75 crankshaft : 6g74/75 forged H-beam rods : 6g75 MIVEC heads : 2x 20G TD05 turbos

DrWeldin Wastegate upgrades : DrWeldin brushed sparkplug cover : Pampena solid rear diff bushings : STM brainded stainless clutch line : GZP remote clutch bleeder : Maximal Performance? T-case bracket : Seattle91VR4 poly motor mounts : front solid motor sound : 98SL ECU w/ Chrome & BlackStealth adapter harness : 3SX O2 simulators : TLE Groundwire kit

Krank Vents (original) : 3.0" GM MAF : 3.75" GM MAF w/ adapter harness : MAFT 1.x : NinjaPerformance remote IAC block : BlackStealth LCD Boost Controller : NinjaPerformance Boost Controller : Dejon split y-pipe : Dejon pre-turbo intake pipes w/ K&N filters : K&N FIPK kit : DSM SMICs : Tim/*GT Custom TD05 SMICs BIGGER THAN YOURS : random tech high-flow cat : M2 exhaust

Jackhammer Dual pump fuel hangar : 2x Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pumps : SX -10AN fuel filter : 450cc DSM blacktop injectors : 880cc delphi injectors : Stealthlabel injector quick disconnect clips : custom stainless steel breaded PTFE dual feed fuel setup : Fuelab FPR : Skillard underbody fuel channel

96 Stealth spoiler (original) : 2x Cianci 52mm DS B-pillar gauge pods w/ 1x matching PS blank B-pillar (different manufacturers) : Billet grill : random eBay? strut bar

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    My favorite books aren't likely to be made into movies, but the closest approach to the book I have so far experienced would probably be The Hunt For Red October.
    Really? lol how boring...

The Da Vinci Code was a awesome read. Even though the movie tried... Without doing a three or four part movie it could never be as per the book...
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eljefefx View Post
    Dune.
    how did i know jeff was going to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    this^

they didn't do a bad job with lion, witch & the wardrobe. hitchiker's guide to the galaxy wasn't bad (imho). (not a book, i know) but tron was very true to the original, the comics, and the 2003 game.

...you know what i'm STILL waiting to see turned into a movie? "charlie and the great glass elevator". seriously. fuck you, hollywood.