Thread: GI: Denso 720cc injectors and 92mm ARC-2 GP R5

One fix at a time verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) TurboSinceBirth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

GI: Denso 720cc injectors and 92mm ARC-2 GP R5

I'm testing the waters to see if anyone is interested in this tuning setup. I have a set of freshly flowed and tested Denso 720cc injectors never used since the cleaning and a like new 92mm ARC-2. I was going to use this setup since it's simple and I don't have much time to tune, but it won't work with my turbos unless I either spend more money on another MAF for blow through or I do some extensive modifying to the intake pipes so I can bolt up the 92mm MAF in which case I don't have a welder to do that. I may still decide to use it for awhile, but I'll throw it out there to see what interest there is. I will NOT separate the injectors and ARC-2. They will be sold together until I need the money badly or I decide to use one of them. I'd like to get $1k OBO for everything. I will post some pics in a few days.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    any advantage to using the arc2 + safc2 vs. safc2 + maft?

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    any advantage to using the arc2 + safc2 vs. safc2 + maft?
    Depends on how simple you want it to be and if you're using bigger than 720cc injectors. The ARC-2 doesn't need any other piggyback tuning device unless you're running larger than 720 injectors. Matt ran 1000cc injectors when he made 1093AWHP and that was the only reason he needed a SAFC. With larger injectors each click of a knob on the ARC-2 equates to a larger percentage change. With injectors too big the ARC-2 can't dial in the tune where it needs to be because it will either be too lean or too rich despite the tuning by load basis it uses instead of RPM breakpoints the SAFC uses. Either setup would work, but if I had a choice I would choose the ARC-2 every time over the SAFC2 + MAFT. It's so simple to use, works well, and most won't need anything else unless they're running huge injectors due to their ethanol needs. I still may try it out just so I have used it. I'm going to see if I can even route an intake pipe around the 3" intercooler pipe and still have it meet up to the MAF. If I had any other TD04, TD05, or T3 setup I wouldn't be running into this problem, but these 5857s are huge and they stick out quite a bit to the passenger side.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Currently off the market until further notice.
    Last edited by TurboSinceBirth; 02-25-2011 at 10:28 PM.