7 15.91%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I stay round or slim down?

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Lose weight!!! You can drink beer and be in good shape, you just need to find time to work out a lot. If you're retired or working part time, you've got no excuse not to burn more calories than you intake.
    I'm going with this^. I just started doing exactly that. Not that I'm overweight by any means, BMI is 20.41, but I have developed a bit of a belly...and it pisses me off. I literally do nothing physical whatsoever. So, I don't think it's going to be very hard, I just need some activity, which has been coming in the way of Wii Fit. I already feel better.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    there's a lot of talk about drastically recuding caloric intake here. 500 calories a day? What the fuck? I assume that this is a lean 500 calories and not just 5 twinkies/day. Still, this is absolutely insane to do to your body!! So sure, you're cutting out bad calories and reducing overall intake, but you're also starving your body of vital nutrients and vitamins. 1200 calories seems excessively low to me as well. I started a weight loss diet/workout plan and lost 25 lbs in 3 months by working out 3 times a week for 0.5-1 hr and eating 2000calories a day. Granted, I have a decent metabolism, but that is moot when you're talking this kind of calorie cut coupled with exercise. I went from gaining weight at 2500 calories a day to losing at 2000 calories a day. It's not so much about the amount of calories you take in per day, but rather what is in those calories. Please don't limit yourself to less than 1500 calories a day (that's 3 500 calorie meals which is a lot of you design your diet correctly). I wouldn't ever go that low. It is dangerous and can have some serious health effects.
    My advice is to talk to a trainer about your goals in fitness and have them design the right diet for you. Don't just go mindlessly cutting calories and assuming you are going to lose weight in a healthy manner. Very rarely is just cutting calories an effective way to lose weight. You're also going to have to couple your new found food regimen with a workout plan as well. Typically complex movements that stimulate multiple groups of muscles at once are the best way to go, because after all, the more muscle you recruit for a movement, the more calories you burn, and hence the more weight you "lose".
    sorry for the ranting, to address your original question in the post: If you're going to start a diet/workout program to lose weight, stick to it! The hardest part is continuing to abide by the rules you set for yourself, but the end always justifies the means in this case. In general, be happy with who you are, and don't be so worried about what everyone else thinks of you! So what if you have a few extra pounds? If you're a kind, respectful person, noone who is worth hanging out with will give a shit how much you weigh. So do it for YOU, but don't base your decision on your fear of other people's opinions.

1993 3000GT VR-4

MHI 16-T's and supporting mods.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3KVT For This Useful Post:

Stress free wheel gap. Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I did this diet and lost 17lbs in 3 weeks.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/

I didn't exercise at all and you still get to do whatever you want 1 or 2 days a week. I chose 2 days a week that I could eat or drink anything. When I say anything, I'm talking about going to Chinese Buffets and drinking gallons of beer.

I modified mine because I'm too lazy to think about changing up the meals, so I ate chicken breast grilled on a George Forman, canned black beans, and frozed mixed veggies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 5 days a week.

GREASE BUNNY
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Lose weight!!! You can drink beer and be in good shape, you just need to find time to work out a lot. If you're retired or working part time, you've got no excuse not to burn more calories than you intake.
    I wish I was retired! I still work full time but like today I have been trapped at my desk since 8:30.

Quote Originally Posted by 93STLTH View Post
    I'm trying to lose a few myself. I'm 51 years old and at 5'10, I'm around 225 right now. Metabolism is my worst enemy at my age, so I'm trying to increase my gym time and jogging at first, then I'll fine tune the diet when I'm showing some progress. I don't eat a lot of crap food as it is, so it's gonna be tough.
    I know age is working against me. It gets harder every year to keep the weight down even if I eat healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by reallyxxxxxxloud View Post
    The sex when your fit is so much better!!!!! lol.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fnloud View Post
    I voted "Other" how about, just be healthy? If you need to lose some weight, by all means lose the weight.
    The magic word "healthy"
    I know I'm not healthy. Hubby is getting upset with me because he knows I don't feel good.
    I know how to loose weight when I'm driven but I've done it so many times I'm just tired of fighting it especially when as it gets harder.
    That's when I start thinking maybe I should just accept being over weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

Chris said ninjas don't fall down.
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks

I was just about to PM you and ask how it was going...how're the headache issues?

I stand behind what I've said numerous times--always leave something on your plate and don't go back for seconds. This will help re-train your tummy on what it needs to be full. Over time, it becomes habit and you end up eating less...even of the foods you really love. Last night I had hot wings bites, french fries and broccoli and cheese...and I left some hot wing bites on my plate.

You can do it. I'm holding you to our prior arrangement regarding this.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Try and avoid carbs, I lost weight this way. Don't have to quit them just try and avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

GREASE BUNNY
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3KVT View Post
    there's a lot of talk about drastically recuding caloric intake here. 500 calories a day? What the fuck? I assume that this is a lean 500 calories and not just 5 twinkies/day. Still, this is absolutely insane to do to your body!! So sure, you're cutting out bad calories and reducing overall intake, but you're also starving your body of vital nutrients and vitamins. 1200 calories seems excessively low to me as well. I started a weight loss diet/workout plan and lost 25 lbs in 3 months by working out 3 times a week for 0.5-1 hr and eating 2000calories a day. Granted, I have a decent metabolism, but that is moot when you're talking this kind of calorie cut coupled with exercise. I went from gaining weight at 2500 calories a day to losing at 2000 calories a day. It's not so much about the amount of calories you take in per day, but rather what is in those calories. Please don't limit yourself to less than 1500 calories a day (that's 3 500 calorie meals which is a lot of you design your diet correctly). I wouldn't ever go that low. It is dangerous and can have some serious health effects.
    My advice is to talk to a trainer about your goals in fitness and have them design the right diet for you. Don't just go mindlessly cutting calories and assuming you are going to lose weight in a healthy manner. Very rarely is just cutting calories an effective way to lose weight. You're also going to have to couple your new found food regimen with a workout plan as well. Typically complex movements that stimulate multiple groups of muscles at once are the best way to go, because after all, the more muscle you recruit for a movement, the more calories you burn, and hence the more weight you "lose".
    sorry for the ranting, to address your original question in the post: If you're going to start a diet/workout program to lose weight, stick to it! The hardest part is continuing to abide by the rules you set for yourself, but the end always justifies the means in this case. In general, be happy with who you are, and don't be so worried about what everyone else thinks of you! So what if you have a few extra pounds? If you're a kind, respectful person, noone who is worth hanging out with will give a shit how much you weigh. So do it for YOU, but don't base your decision on your fear of other people's opinions.
    Lots of good points.
    If I can get focused enough I'm looking at a local gym that has trainers.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiBishi View Post
    I did this diet and lost 17lbs in 3 weeks.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/

I didn't exercise at all and you still get to do whatever you want 1 or 2 days a week. I chose 2 days a week that I could eat or drink anything. When I say anything, I'm talking about going to Chinese Buffets and drinking gallons of beer.

I modified mine because I'm too lazy to think about changing up the meals, so I ate chicken breast grilled on a George Forman, canned black beans, and frozed mixed veggies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 5 days a week.
    I would have never been able to do it!

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    No diet in the world is gonna work unless you change your lifestyle!

My wife and I have done Atkins, HCG, slimfast, and a few others.

It comes down to finding a lifestyle change that makes you breath (burn calories) and intake a "balanced" level of nutrition and calories.

I am still searching for that balance where it is automatic and takes no effort. The biggest problem is I spend vast amounts of mental energy at work and am lazy when it comes to my health. I know right!

I need to shed about 30 to get to where I was after 3 month of HCG.

Comittment, balance, exercise!

No Shortcuts to get around that!

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Tapatalk Bitches!

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

GREASE BUNNY
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post

I was just about to PM you and ask how it was going...how're the headache issues?

I stand behind what I've said numerous times--always leave something on your plate and don't go back for seconds. This will help re-train your tummy on what it needs to be full. Over time, it becomes habit and you end up eating less...even of the foods you really love. Last night I had hot wings bites, french fries and broccoli and cheese...and I left some hot wing bites on my plate.

You can do it. I'm holding you to our prior arrangement regarding this.
    Busted! LOL
    Headaches are better. Not gone but better.
    I'm just having a hard time getting myself in the right frame of mind to commit.
    It could be because I'm over thinking it. I'll get there but I'm still fishing for the one thing that will really make it click.

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Try and avoid carbs, I lost weight this way. Don't have to quit them just try and avoid them.
    I think this is the one thing everyone agrees on.

Padawan garage troll Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Check this site out>>
    Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program I have been using it to determine what my caloric intake should be (to lose weight) and aim for it during the week. Also a good source for searching for food to find out calories. I am amazed to find out a large coke @ McDonalds is 310 calories!

Anyway it should make you smarter and think about what you put in you....and really the key is burning more than you take in. You can not excercise at all, eat twinkies all day and still lose weight so long as you burn more calores than you intake. We burn calories sitting around typing on these forums, just not as much as having wild munky sex...errrrrr, well you get the idea.

My biggest issue is I get hungry. Drink lots of water, yes you will hit the restroom more often at first...but do it, makes everything flow better in body and will fool you into being full to some degree. I do a little bowl of oatmeal for breakfast; also fools you into being full. Increase fresh fruits, veggies, etc to again help you feel full. Cut back on the other stuff, ie as mentioned carbs and greasy fried stuff (all my favorites) and by all means cut down on the sugars. Finally as mentioned by others, don't feel like you have to clean off the plate, wrap it and fridge it for later.

I also voted other cause you can have both =)
    Last edited by Roybatty; 02-04-2011 at 03:30 PM.