Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How in the hell am I supposed to fix this?

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Or..

buy a rear 1/4 panel
    drill your existing one out or cut dent out
    reweld new panel in
    ???
    Profit
    -Benn
    Master Elite KIA Technician
    Past> Level 3 Chrysler & Bronze level Hyundai
    1994 3000GT VR4 - #175 Black/Black 99 VR4
    2013 135is - 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - Hers
    Follow my build thread here

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm gonna try to pull the dent out myself. I think its too big for the heat and freeze trick so I'm gonna try to pull out some of the interior and see if I can get to it from the inside. If not, I might actually consider going wide body. But then won't I need 10 inch rear wheels so they will be flush with the fender wells?

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    I'm gonna try to pull the dent out myself. I think its too big for the heat and freeze trick so I'm gonna try to pull out some of the interior and see if I can get to it from the inside. If not, I might actually consider going wide body. But then won't I need 10 inch rear wheels so they will be flush with the fender wells?
    Or wheel spacers.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    you don't want to replace the quarter panel.

Have a body shop pull the dent out, and repaint and blend it. Tell him he's going to have to cover it through his insurance, that's an expensive job.
    Isn't it impossible to blend pearl white? I've planned on having the car repainted sometime. But now I'm gonna have to dig into my single turbo fund I saved for the summer to get it done sooner. What would you guys charge to paint it and fix the dent? Also keep in mind there is some damage underneath the door handle too if you look closely you can see the spider webs.

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A good painter can, I had my pearl yellow was able to be blended.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphiron View Post
    Isn't it impossible to blend pearl white? I've planned on having the car repainted sometime. But now I'm gonna have to dig into my single turbo fund I saved for the summer to get it done sooner. What would you guys charge to paint it and fix the dent? Also keep in mind there is some damage underneath the door handle too if you look closely you can see the spider webs.
    I can't see the damage all that well on this computer, but you would be looking at around $1200 to have the rear quarter fixed and blended (half the door, side skirt) and depending on where the damage ends, it may have to be blended into the hatch and rear bumper which could add to the price.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans@GZP View Post
    I can't see the damage all that well on this computer, but you would be looking at around $1200 to have the rear quarter fixed and blended (half the door, side skirt) and depending on where the damage ends, it may have to be blended into the hatch and rear bumper which could add to the price.
    Yeah I told him it would be around $1500 to have a shop do it. He was like whaaaaa WELL. I guess now he at least understands the extent of his fuck up.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    take it to a body shop and have them pull the dent out and finish the job yourself. its a easy fix. if you have a fiend with a mig welder cut it out, flatten it out and just butt weld it back in, body filler, prime,paint

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    From personal experience (My ex's friend backed into my Talon) I pretty well left the car in her hands and told her I didn't want to see it again until it was fixed, otherwise the law would become involved. On my part it was a painless settlement, I didn't have to lift a finger or make one single phone call. The dent was pretty well in the same place and about the same size, and cost about $1,300 of her parents money to fix. Reguardless of the situation, wrongs should be righted, and damages should be fixed. Real life isn't a nursery school and we all have to pay for our mistakes one way or the other, especially an adult such as your fathers boss. Even driving an APC you would feel that kind of a hit, my best guess is he was hoping you wouldn't notice until the snow was off the car and the blame would be passed onto someone else. I may seem pretty stern and downright "ass-holeish" when it comes to things like this, but damage to ones personal property is something that gets to me. We work hard to have these cars and maintain them, and the last thing we should have to do is pay MORE to have damage that someone else has done to them fixed.
    Photobucket

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    if anyone works on that panel make sure they use a stud gun and doesn't drill any holes. Drilling holes really increases the odds of corrosion. Stud gun isn't perfect, but it is better.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace