Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 Sled Dogs Massacred ;( what the HELL.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    just wtf is wrong with people? I understand hunting for sport, and putting down lame animals, or animals that don't have means to stay alive on their own, but those are all humane ways to deal with animals. This is just outright animal cruelty. It's almost as if someone had the sole purpose of destroying life in mind when they decided to take this route. It is unfathomable to me how a person could be so cruel and heartless, when all the dogs probably did was their job of pulling fat-ass american tourists around all day (and yes, I am an American.). Nothing to deserve a brutal end like this.

It makes me furious.

1993 3000GT VR-4

MHI 16-T's and supporting mods.

Chris said ninjas don't fall down.
    Owner Since
    7/07/07

Thanks
    Humans suck.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7 View Post
    I'm curious what other options they may have had. I don't support animal cruelty by any means, but if the only other option was to let the dogs starve to death by not feeding them enough or setting them free into the wilderness, maybe they thought this was the most humane thing to do. I don't think the company could have brought 100 dogs to the animal shelter and said "here ya' go." You also have to keep in mind that these were work dogs and they may have not been very suitable as pets. Of course, they do advertise them as "energetic and lovable," so who knows. In many places, work dogs are viewed more or less as tools and they are frequently killed if there is no use for them. Often, only the strongest of a litter is kept and the rest are killed. I understand many people get very sentimental about certain animals due to their pet-status in countries like ours, and I understand that most of these people would say that the company should put itself out of business and put all it's employees on the street in an attempt to feed these dogs, but that's just not very realistic. In the end, this "massacre" is not a whole lot different from what happens to cows here everyday. Shelters also put down many, many pet-animals each day because they can't be taken care of. The natural way most people without access to a vet euthanize a dog is by shooting it. I don't think this company was trying to be cruel. They were probably trying to be as humane as they could with the tools they had available. At the same time, it seems odd that an outfit like this would not have a vet on staff, or at least on contract, that could euthanize the dogs without violence. I don't know what the drugs cost, they may be pretty expensive and a shotgun shell- not so much. I suspect the shotgun/knife massacre must have been a whole lot cheaper than using a vet. I'm not advocating what happened here or any animal killing really, just trying to add a different perspective. I honestly would have probably liked for them to be set free into the wild. But as I said before, that's most likely a potentially cruel death-sentence anyway and it's probably illegal as well.

Shooting the dogs in front of the other dogs is pretty horrific and there is no excuse for that. I am disgusted by acts of torture on animals such as what happened to that poor cat. People like that absolutely need to be removed from society.
    That's probably the biggest paragraph I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy