Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 Sled Dogs Massacred ;( what the HELL.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks

100 Sled Dogs Massacred ;( what the HELL.

Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Police are investigating the slaughter of 100 husky dogs used to pull tourist sleds in the Canadian ski resort of Whistler during the 2010 Winter Olympics.

The grisly killings were reportedly carried out by one worker over two days in April last year with a shotgun and a knife, with reports of injured dogs crawling out of a mass grave.

Local media said the dogs were killed because business slumped in the two months following the Games and they were no longer needed by tourism companies Outdoor Adventures and Howling Dogs, which sell dog-sled rides to tourists.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

"We've opened a police file and assigned an investigator," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Staff Sergeant Steve LeClair said.

The case came to light on Monday after the unnamed worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of killing the dogs, and was reportedly awarded compensation from British Columbia worker's board.

Marcie Moriarty of the Society for Prevention of Animal Cruelty, the lead agency in the investigation, told the Vancouver Sun, "The way he describes [in the board's report] multiple shots and faces blown off and coming back on a second day is gruesome.

"The way this employee describes it, it's a massacre absolutely, a criminal code offence. These dogs were killed in front of the other dogs that were all tethered up."

The man's personal injury lawyer Cory Steinberg told news radio station CKNW, "It wasn't always a clean, one-shot kill. Inevitably he ended up seeing and having to put the end to some horrific scenes."

A spokeswoman for the law firm refused to comment on the criminal investigation and Outdoor Adventures did not return repeated calls from AFP.

The company's website, with photos of huskies and sleds, however, continued to advertise a dog sled ride for $C169 per person, "as a once in a lifetime experience [with] your team of energetic and loveable Alaskan Racing Huskies".

The maximum penalty in Canada for injuring or endangering an animal is five years in jail, while animal cruelty is punishable by a fine and 18 months in jail.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0 92pearltt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    That is just fucked, I like how the worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder. Honestly if he didn't want to do it he wouldn't have. If one of my bosses told me to do something like that I would have quit right then and reported them.

Current:
    1972 Chevy Nova
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L
    1991 Stealth TT FWD
    1962 Volkswagen Beetle

Previous:
    1994 Stealth RT/TT
    1999 3000gt SL
    1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle
    1976 Jaguar XJ6
    1991 Chevy S10
    2000 Ford focus

Australia verified Feedback Score 0 GTOX's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Rather unusual...
    Kangaroo

Advanced Tech? verified Feedback Score 0 i3igpete's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
    the unnamed worker claimed post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of killing the dogs, and was reportedly awarded compensation from British Columbia worker's board.
    I want to have a word with this worker's board...
    Maddog Performance Engineering

Member Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    1/11 (Had a 3000gt.. but sold it.)

Thanks
    Why couldn't they just find people to take the dogs? Maybe found a rescue or something?

I know I would NEVER be able to even attempt something like that. It's disgusting and wouldn't ever want to.

If this is real.. he should have quit -insert bad stuff done to boss here-. (IMO)

Member verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) dbest671's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Wow, that almost brought a tear to my eye. I have a special place in my heart for huskies, I own one. How anybody can do this is beyond me.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    I just read the story.

Nothing excuses this, absolutely nothing.

I don't have words to describe my anger - all I can say is it feeds my ability to hate the people who do this type of thing.

Line 'em up and shoot 'em, ship 'em to a remote island, I don't care, just make them suffer.

I recently found a cat on my back porch that had been done over by someone - ear cut off, tail chopped off, pads cut off, teeth broken and torn out, fractured skull.

He's the newest addition to our household, mending slowly.

I would love to find the asshole who did it.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I just read the story.

Nothing excuses this, absolutely nothing.

I don't have words to describe my anger - all I can say is it feeds my ability to hate the people who do this type of thing.

Line 'em up and shoot 'em, ship 'em to a remote island, I don't care, just make them suffer.

I recently found a cat on my back porch that had been done over by someone - ear cut off, tail chopped off, pads cut off, teeth broken and torn out, fractured skull.

He's the newest addition to our household, mending slowly.

I would love to find the asshole who did it.
    I hope your kitty recovers and does okay, I love cats, it makes me want to puke hearing things like that.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) j2k4's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Thanks - he's gonna be okay, I think:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast