Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Audiophiles here?

Why? Because Race Car. verified Feedback Score 0 akotten's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Any Audiophiles here?

I've never really had a quality set of headphones and I'm looking to upgrade my current Creative HN-700's. I think I've got it narrowed down to either a pair of Sennheiser's 280Pro or Ultrasone's HFI-580. Trying to stay at or below $150. I need a new pair of earbuds eventually for the gym too, but I can wait on those. I somehow managed to drop my last pair into a drink and wrecked one side lol ($30 Skullcandys)

-Alex
    91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Sennheiser HD595's are crazy cheap on amazon right now, $130. I had a set of 590's and 595's, I would recommend them if you are plugging them into something with plenty of power.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sublime_whatigo View Post
    Sennheiser HD595's are crazy cheap on amazon right now, $130. I had a set of 590's and 595's, I would recommend them if you are plugging them into something with plenty of power.
    Hmmm....yeah something to consider. But from what I've read the Ultrasone's don't require much to drive them. I like to play music off of my Droid X quite a bit. Maybe I'll have to look into a small portable amp.

I hate to ask, but do you know how the bass is on them? I kind of prefer a little more than most people it seems.
    Last edited by akotten; 01-31-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Ya the 595's will sound like dog crap on a droid.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Ha....yeah I kinda figured. If not I can use my tablet for more listening since a lot of the time its while I do homework. I haven't fully decided if I want open or closed though. I kind of like the idea of people not being able to hear what I'm listening to, but I do understand you get a more "natural" sound from open dynamic cans.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I wouldn't call myself an audiophile, but I enjoy not-crappy sounding stuff. Any suggestions for cheap, durable IEMs? I'm using AKG whatever the hecks (Same as Creative EP630, but more durable)
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    I wouldn't call myself an audiophile, but I enjoy not-crappy sounding stuff. Any suggestions for cheap, durable IEMs? I'm using AKG whatever the hecks (Same as Creative EP630, but more durable)
    Do you know which model you have? I was really wanting to get their k702 or even k701, but its a bit out of my budget.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akotten View Post
    Do you know which model you have? I was really wanting to get their k702 or even k701, but its a bit out of my budget.
    324p. Great value and sound quality for the money, and durable. I'm looking for something a step or two up, but nothing ridiculously expensive. Most of all, durability is a big concern.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Audiophiles lol I love how that word gets thrown around.... A Audiophile set of HPs would make any sub-par recording or player sound ghastly. The point of true reference speakers is to play any recording at its maximum potential as it was recorded e.g a well recorded song will play with outstanding detail not heard before while a poorly recorded song will have all the nasties improvised making it sound worse than a cheap set of speakers. What your really after is a set that will compromise both equally.
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyxxxxxxloud View Post
    Audiophiles lol I love how that word gets thrown around.... A Audiophile set of HPs would make any sub-par recording or player sound ghastly. The point of true reference speakers is to play any recording at its maximum potential as it was recorded e.g a well recorded song will play with outstanding detail not heard before while a poorly recorded song will have all the nasties improvised making it sound worse than a cheap set of speakers. What your really after is a set that will compromise both equally.
    I understand this. What I'm really looking for is a pair of headphones that can actually produce mids and highs accurately along with balanced lows (bass). My roommate has Grado's 125s and they sound day and night different. One, because they are open air, but two, because of the quality Grado is known for. Are they top of the line? No, but they definitely make a difference.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast