Thread: Ipod compatibility questions

The one. The only. verified
    supporter
    Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks

Ipod compatibility questions

I have an Alpine CDA 9884 headunit in the Stealth. I've had it for a while now, but just started looking into this.

It came with a cable that will allow you to hook an Ipod directly to it and control it with the headunit buttons. According to the manual it will work with the following Ipods.

4th gen Ipod
    5th gen Ipod (It actually states 4th gen or newer Ipod)
    Ipod Photo
    Ipod Mini
    1st gen Ipod Nano
    2nd gen Ipod Nano

Its of my assumption that it lists these because they all use the same plug in adaptor and they were the ones available at the time of the release of that headunit. Does anyone know if any of the newer Ipods use the same plug in and would work with this headunit?

I don't know much about the Ipods as I am not an Apple fanboi, but if the Ipod Classic is essentially a new gen regular Ipod that would be awesome. The touch looks cool, but the sheer amount of storage on the classic for the price makes that worth it in itself compared to the touch.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    They all use the same 30 pin connector. I can't say with 100% certainty that they would work, but 99% sure they would
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

The one. The only. verified
    supporter
    Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Ok. Well if worse comes to worse and I would get a new 160GB Classic Ipod and it not work right with the connector cable then I could always get the FM adapter, or even the auxillary adapter and make it work that way.

Thanks Kenny.

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter Feedback Score 0 sketch's Avatar
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks
    i'd guess that any ipod (except for the touch) will be compatible - they all have the (msotly) same firmware (as long as they're up-to-date) and probably respond to the same signals sent from your HU.

let us know how it goes - I'm looking at getting a 160gb ipod classic to use the same way with my pioneer HU.
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

-jeff

1992 SVX LS-L
    1996 3000GT FWD-TT
    2005 XC90 T6 AWD

i collect parts.

6g74 block : 6g74 crankshaft (for sale!) : 6g75 crankshaft : 6g74/75 forged H-beam rods : 6g75 MIVEC heads : 2x 20G TD05 turbos

DrWeldin Wastegate upgrades : DrWeldin brushed sparkplug cover : Pampena solid rear diff bushings : STM brainded stainless clutch line : GZP remote clutch bleeder : Maximal Performance? T-case bracket : Seattle91VR4 poly motor mounts : front solid motor sound : 98SL ECU w/ Chrome & BlackStealth adapter harness : 3SX O2 simulators : TLE Groundwire kit

Krank Vents (original) : 3.0" GM MAF : 3.75" GM MAF w/ adapter harness : MAFT 1.x : NinjaPerformance remote IAC block : BlackStealth LCD Boost Controller : NinjaPerformance Boost Controller : Dejon split y-pipe : Dejon pre-turbo intake pipes w/ K&N filters : K&N FIPK kit : DSM SMICs : Tim/*GT Custom TD05 SMICs BIGGER THAN YOURS : random tech high-flow cat : M2 exhaust

Jackhammer Dual pump fuel hangar : 2x Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pumps : SX -10AN fuel filter : 450cc DSM blacktop injectors : 880cc delphi injectors : Stealthlabel injector quick disconnect clips : custom stainless steel breaded PTFE dual feed fuel setup : Fuelab FPR : Skillard underbody fuel channel

96 Stealth spoiler (original) : 2x Cianci 52mm DS B-pillar gauge pods w/ 1x matching PS blank B-pillar (different manufacturers) : Billet grill : random eBay? strut bar