Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have "TurboBobs" Turbos... better check them out, The 15G's are 11G's!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TD04 Upgrade & Billet TD05 Upgrades
    Owner Since

Thanks

If you have "TurboBobs" Turbos... better check them out, The 15G's are 11G's!!!

I just spoke with the member (Leroy) on the other site and he tells me that he got these from turbo bob but that he had been told previously that they were 15G's. Well they are definitely not 15G's. They are 11G's.

That being said, I would suggest to anyone that got turbos from him to inspect them and see what you've got. Easiest way is to measure the compressor inlet.

Also as a little headsup, these were not balanced and he did not install the heat shields.

Here are some pics.
    The 15G's aka 11G's next to a real 15G

the 15G aka 11g

a real 15G
    Last edited by 92RT-TT; 01-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Pass Me Another Hooker
    Owner Since

Thanks
    im going to kill someone.

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Correct me if I'd wrong the guy you are talking about is on the west coast. That turbo bob is not "turbobob". turbobob the guy that makes the maf translators is from MI and does quality work. I do not believe he makes turbos.

I just don't want someone confusing the person that is the topic of this thread.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan92RTTT For This Useful Post:

Pass Me Another Hooker
    Owner Since

Thanks
    yes, the guy i delt with was named tim, login name was timp3kgt the shop was in cali called turbo-prefomance. i delt with tim, he took them to bob then shipped them back to me.

Pass Me Another Hooker
    Owner Since

Thanks

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    I really feel for you guys, it seems there are a lot of crackhead turbo shops out there, its best to buy from someone with a good history of proven results.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    I really feel for you guys, it seems there are a lot of crackhead turbo shops out there, its best to buy from someone with a good history of proven results.
    I had bad issues with 3 sets of preowned turbos, so...I bought brand new 19T's from IPS

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Hello everyone! guess who?! Just wanted to clarify a few things! I've been working with turbo bob, who has had his turbo shop for over 30 years now in the same location, and stand behind his work! First off, i've been getting real 15g and real 19t upgrades for everyone w/ complete rebuilds for a ridiculously low price, which is pretty much warrantied... However, I've been getting rebuilds done for people by bob as well. Leroy was an exception that wanted to rebuild his turbos (not upgrade) and was informed that the wheels that his turbos had were not 15gs! Therefore, they are not bob's 15g turbos!! I would have greatly appreciated you contacting me beforehand mr. verified seller, before any accusations are made in attempts to destroy turbo bob's reputation.... Turbo bob stand behind his work, and i know this through years of dealing with him!
    Furthermore, turbo bob 15g owners..If any turbo would fail prematurely, please send them back! please call and notify me! if there is any questions or concerns, please pm me! I will be more than happy/willing to give you the confidence necessary. Also, this is not a high profit service (obviously)...it was originally intended for those that don't want to spend 2600 dollars on a turbos that are the exact same thing as turbo bob's. Please feel free to pm me (timp3kgt) on 3si.org and I'll be happy to answer any questions and give you a contact number! I don't come on this forum often, but perhaps I should. Thank you Michael for raising your concerns and contacting me directly! I hope this helps.

-Tim

Wow man I'm glad I heard about this, I've been thinking about a set from him for a while, thanks for the heads up, I feel for you though

Pass Me Another Hooker
    Owner Since

Thanks
    taking my housing off today, hope for the best