United States of Shame.... rofl

Wow...

Texas... lowest graduation rate? wow didnt see that one

The United States of Shame (CHART) |

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikes2nd For This Useful Post:

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    mike they must not of checked cleveland, even the teachers there never finished high school

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've seen college students who didn't know what half of 3 was. So nothing shocks me.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enollava View Post
    I've seen college students who didn't know what half of 3 was. So nothing shocks me.
    lol and those are the bastards that register for classes, fill them up so that I can't register, and then they drop the damn thing two weeks in.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 AdamVR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2nd View Post
    Wow...

Texas... lowest graduation rate? wow didnt see that one

The United States of Shame (CHART) |

I don't even understand why we track high school graduation rate. It's a worthless metric, particularly in states that border Mexico, that leads to poor policy decisions.

If the kid doesn't want to be in school, why are we wasting money educating them? Educate the kids that want to be there. It enrages me that stupid politicians think it's a good idea to tie state funding of public universities to graduation rates.

Plenty of people live great lives without high school diplomas.

Texas added 20,000 jobs last month to lead the nation. We're making even more education spending cuts right now...

Here for the party Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) CoreyB's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I was thinking that Texas might have more jobs available that do not require a HS diploma and therefore more kids decide to just enter the job field rather than stay in school. That pretty much what I did and I regret it now. I have a job that requires at least a associates degree but was able to work into the position anyway. No I take online courses to try to better myself.
    Enough about me. Back on topic I was surprised to see my state have the highest corporate tax rate. Not sure I believe it.

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter Feedback Score 0 sketch's Avatar
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks
    uhm, correction we here in massachusetts have the BEST drivers. everyone else is just an asshole.

the gas is on the right.
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

-jeff

1992 SVX LS-L
    1996 3000GT FWD-TT
    2005 XC90 T6 AWD

i collect parts.

6g74 block : 6g74 crankshaft (for sale!) : 6g75 crankshaft : 6g74/75 forged H-beam rods : 6g75 MIVEC heads : 2x 20G TD05 turbos

DrWeldin Wastegate upgrades : DrWeldin brushed sparkplug cover : Pampena solid rear diff bushings : STM brainded stainless clutch line : GZP remote clutch bleeder : Maximal Performance? T-case bracket : Seattle91VR4 poly motor mounts : front solid motor sound : 98SL ECU w/ Chrome & BlackStealth adapter harness : 3SX O2 simulators : TLE Groundwire kit

Krank Vents (original) : 3.0" GM MAF : 3.75" GM MAF w/ adapter harness : MAFT 1.x : NinjaPerformance remote IAC block : BlackStealth LCD Boost Controller : NinjaPerformance Boost Controller : Dejon split y-pipe : Dejon pre-turbo intake pipes w/ K&N filters : K&N FIPK kit : DSM SMICs : Tim/*GT Custom TD05 SMICs BIGGER THAN YOURS : random tech high-flow cat : M2 exhaust

Jackhammer Dual pump fuel hangar : 2x Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pumps : SX -10AN fuel filter : 450cc DSM blacktop injectors : 880cc delphi injectors : Stealthlabel injector quick disconnect clips : custom stainless steel breaded PTFE dual feed fuel setup : Fuelab FPR : Skillard underbody fuel channel

96 Stealth spoiler (original) : 2x Cianci 52mm DS B-pillar gauge pods w/ 1x matching PS blank B-pillar (different manufacturers) : Billet grill : random eBay? strut bar

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    utah. MUAHAHAHAHA!

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Can't agree with the California one, unless they only measured the air in LA. So much of the state is open land or farms that to say the whole state has polluted air is just wrong.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    I don't even understand why we track high school graduation rate. It's a worthless metric, particularly in states that border Mexico, that leads to poor policy decisions.

If the kid doesn't want to be in school, why are we wasting money educating them? Educate the kids that want to be there. It enrages me that stupid politicians think it's a good idea to tie state funding of public universities to graduation rates.

Plenty of people live great lives without high school diplomas.

Texas added 20,000 jobs last month to lead the nation. We're making even more education spending cuts right now...

Remember, you're talking to Mike here. While Texas's economy does well by some great measures compared to many states, he still needs to bring something to the table that favor his agenda. Look how progressive California is for God's sake!!! Oh wait, the state that handed out IOU's for tax season. It's OK. We suspect he is overdosing on chromosomes and has been doing such for some time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast