Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-did pump carriage comepletely.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Lightbulb Re-did pump carriage comepletely.

Okay, well, was changing whole fuel line and got to the kinked metal line on the fuel pump carriage. Well, I couldnt get the flare nut off....so I decided to rebuild it so It will be easier and flow better I used an fittings, first, used a dremel and cut off the old metal tubing, then drill out a hole, then grinded the edges to fit the fitting perfect. I used a bulkhead fitting, then a 90 degree, a coupler to hose nipple, 2 lock nuts and two crush washers. came out perfectly. ..Tell me what you think...
    before
    inside...
    another angle..

and assembled....need to shorten the excess line a bit...

All in all I like how it came out and it is safer and easier to get on and off. Cost me $42 bucks for all the fittings. No more kinky small metal line!

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    looks good, deff some more flow.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice job!

-BOOSTTD- verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Looks similar to what I just did over the weekend when installing my walbro and hotwire. I didn't read ahead enough to realize that the flare nut on the hardline doesn't swivel on the pump carriage. After I had tweaked the hell out of the hardline I cut it in half and just spliced it back together with some spare fuel hose I had. Didn't have access to AN fittings or I would have went that route as well. Sure will make it a hell of a lot easier to get the fitting off next time tho

*EDIT* Looking at your fuel pump carriage makes me jealous lol mine was all rusted to hell

SoSoCal verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I hope that 90 degree elbow is 6an?

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Man...I know this crap is going to happen to me when I go to swap my pump and then I'll be w/o a car for a week while I wait for parts Looks like a solid setup, man.

-BOOSTTD- verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just do like I did if you bend up your hardline. Cut it and splice it with some fuel hose and clamps. To avoid ruining hardline you have to undo the softline under the car first so it can twist off the hardline up top since Mitsu had the bright idea of making it a non-swivel fitting

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3kgt View Post
    Just do like I did if you bend up your hardline. Cut it and splice it with some fuel hose and clamps. To avoid ruining hardline you have to undo the softline under the car first so it can twist off the hardline up top since Mitsu had the bright idea of making it a non-swivel fitting
    and a torch is your best friend on these fittings, heat them up a bit and they break free a lot easier.

-BOOSTTD- verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin@STM View Post
    and a torch is your best friend on these fittings, heat them up a bit and they break free a lot easier.
    Haha yeah I used some PB blaster and a torch just for good measure. I was paranoid the car was gonna blow up tho since I was using a torch on fuel lines lol

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DuTTch View Post
    I hope that 90 degree elbow is 6an?
    yes duttch

I wouldnt recommend that setup for too long mh3kgt. Not only is it restrictive, its not made to have a piece of hose on a high pressure line. Hence the steel lines.

If someone wants, send me your carriage, (or a spare) and I will do the whole setup with the 90 degree on the top for $100.
    Last edited by Sin'sVr4; 01-26-2011 at 11:25 AM.