Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor mounts

No Show NG11 Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Motor mounts

Finally have worked my way down the list of repairs and motor mounts are up next. I know i don't want to do solid motor mounts. Nor am i particularly looking to spend a fortune at 3sx. Is there anyone else out there besides 3sx that sells a full set of mounts at a decent price?
    Your 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL is one of 4310 that received VIN numbers. Based on the order of the serial numbers, your car was the 2685th out of the 4310 that were made that year.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    There were group buys here and there in the past that let them go for decent prices. Are you avoiding solids because of vibration issues? It really isn't that bad, IMO. I have, however, heard of guys running half and half with a solid and poly combination and they say you don't even notice the solids in there. Maybe that's an idea for saving a couple bucks?

Honda Eater
    Owner Since
    April 2007

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i personally won't get solid motor mounts... I dont want my car to vibrate at all.. i'd rather have the engine shake a bit, then the whole car hahaha

Atrosity posted some pics of putting window weld on his motor mounts to repair them, since the window weld dries up rock hard, apparently it works. It was pretty neat, might have to try it myself when the time comes. Obviously if the motor mount is royally fucked, you don't do it.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Window weld is a temporary fix. It doesn't last.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    We're working on a poly mount solution right now. If you give it a couple weeks, we'll have something.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you don't want any vibration at all the only solution is really stock mounts. Poly's are not that much better when it comes to vibration compared to solids.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It your going to spend any money get the solids, vibration is minimal and only time you can really tell any difference is at idle. They are the lightest option, the cheapest, and from what i have seen the best fitting. I had the Maximal solids in my car last year with no insulation or sounds deadening, not even carpet and the ride was still enjoyable.

Otherwise like Terry said just get a new set of stock mounts if all your after is comfort.

-Ricer Evo 8: 8.75 @ 166 Best MPH of 167. Quickest 4G63 Powered Evo in The US!!!
    -Chris Cessna's Stock short block Evo 8: 9.76@150 Worlds Fastest Stock Motor Evo 8 and First Stock Block In The 9's!
    -Shawna's DD Evo 8: 9.97@143.88 Best MPH of 145 Full leather interior, A/C, navigation, stock brakes, cruisin 9's in style
    -Cory's Stock 7 bolt talon: 10.3@136 No crank walk here...
    -STM Stock turbo/motor Stealth RT: 10.95@127 Worlds Quyickest/Fastest and most powerful Stock turbo/ motor 3S
    -James STM built Pump gas Evo8 stock motor: 10.2@137 Stock long block, and only on pump gas!
    -Mike Faggiano Evo3 16g stock motor 1g 11.0@124 just a 16g knockin on 10's door.
    And the list goes on...

Forum User
    Owner Since
    oct.2007...

Thanks
    yea, iv got the poly's from 3sx and i didnt really notice that much more of a vibration over stock. but i have under 50k,austins rite tho about the maximal solids and there cheap.I think that the stock motor mounts are horrible because with any real agressive driving theres always a chance for drivetrain damage.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I made mine. Cut most of the rubber out of the stock mounts. I purposely left some old rubber for the new material to grip. Duct tape them into a reasonable shape (duct tape is the 'mold') and pour some shore 60 or 80 (I forgot) polyurethane. Let it cure and remove the tape. Works fine for me so far. Make sure you put the middle sections into the right spots or reinstallation will be a bitch.

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    We build our own solid mounts. our poly's are still a ways off. i think right now this might be the best deal out there C3Motorsports - 3000GT/Stealth, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Performance Auto Supply Car Parts & More! - Urethane Motor Mounts
    C3 is also one of the sponsors here so you may get a better deal