Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what'r we all doing with our lives?

A constant work in progress. Feedback Score 0 alexw3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Cool So what'r we all doing with our lives?

Since there was no 3SPA gathering in 2010, I figured I'd start this up so we can all know what each others been up to lately. I feel like I haven't seen or really talked to any of you guys for 2 years. Oh wait...

I'll start. I'll be graduating in May from Penn State Erie with my bachelor's degree in chemistry. I've been trying to find a job either around here or Pittsburgh, since my girlfriend of a little over a year still has some more classes to take. The only offer I've had so far is in Tennessee though, but the money's good enough that I might end up taking it.

I still have the red NA of course, I could never sell her. Simply because I'd be lucky to get $1k for it ha. It still looks damn clean, but she's just a couple hundred shy of 180k. I'm pumped to graduate and get a new car, so that I can retire her for long enough to fix all the crap that's been going out. I find it hard to believe I've had it for 5 years and 50k miles, but she's treated me good for the most part. If I stay around here where the snow flies, I'll most likely be picking up an Evo. If I head south, probably a Lotus of some sort. Or an NSX. Still debating.

Anyways, what the hell have you guys been up to?
    1995 3000GT VR4 - pearl yellow 1 of 42 - race car!
    1992 Stealth ES - saved from the junkyard - community loaner car
    1996 3000GT base - purchased 2006 - WRECKED/PARTED
    1991 3000GT VR4 - rusty POS Edition - SOLD

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Where at in TN? We still have meets BRG is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Hey Al. Don't know if you had heard or not but had a minor incident with the Stealth back on December 17. Wasn't my fault and finally got a check last week for $920. Still driving the car for the time being. I've mainly just been working. Got a promotion (sort of) back in September. I guess if you consider the same duties, along with a new title and some extra duties a promotion then yeah. LOL I did get a small raise in September and am just waiting on the paperwork to go thru to get an additional raise.

I'm going to take the money from insurance, tax refund, and money from the sale of that blue Stealth to buy me a new (to me) car.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

A constant work in progress. Feedback Score 0 alexw3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Smyrna, TN. I'm not the type who usually would have a problem just up and moving somewhere like that, but I can't leave my soon-to-be fiance here. Don't tell her ha...

Glad to hear you're doing good Brian. Sounds like you've had about as good as luck with your car as I have with mine ha. The weather's been terrible in Erie and I slid sideways in one of the parking lots here (not on purpose this time) and missed a pole by a few inches the other day.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw3000gt View Post
    Smyrna, TN. I'm not the type who usually would have a problem just up and moving somewhere like that, but I can't leave my soon-to-be fiance here. Don't tell her ha...
    I never heard of it, I had to look it up. It's about 3hrs from me. I'm close to Knoxville. TN is nice but I don't know much about that area other than it's near Nashville. Wildarms is in Franklin and that's near by. He's a cool guy, look him up if you end up in the area.

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Trying to finish out my last year of a BS in NucE and ME from PSU main. Must, find, internship.

Ill fix my 3s someday.
    Last edited by vroom4; 01-25-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Busy with school. PSU Berks. Working my ass off outside of school. Still have no money, lol.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Forum User Feedback Score 0 Destroyer's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I sould the Twin Turbo back in November. I wish I hadn't but it's gone now and I can't change that. I still have a 1992 N/A that I use as a DD and I bought a 2009 Dodge Charger SXT. Now I'm looking to trade that in on a Challenger R/t Or SRT8.

As far as life girlfriend has been driving me crazy but that's what there for I think. I have a new job but I haven't started yet but I will be making a substantial amount more then I make now. So I am looking forward to that.

It really seems like the chapters numbers have dwindled.

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    The site split didn't help, I'm sure. Andrew (Gen1_3kgt) had his car on CL recently, idk if it sold or not. I'm looking at throwing together a 3SPA meet in SEPA sometime, but there doesn't seem to be many guys around now.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Well, the latest update from me, I guess, would be the parking of the Stealth. I parked it the end of February after it ate yet another transmission. I picked up an 07 Grand Prix GT. Its pretty nice, loaded with heated leather, Monsoon sound system, alloy wheels, tinted windows, etc.

Other than that I've just been working a lot. I've been working 50 hour weeks almost all month. It makes the paychecks nice.

I've been working the 50 hour weeks because I was asked to help oversee a sister company of the company I work for. Some of you may have heard of Green Filter. Its a K&N competitor.

Anyway my boss and I have been keeping things going in our own company and also in filter. We had the second biggest month in the history of the company this month. We only missed having the best month by $5,000.

I guess the big boss knew that we know how to keep things going to entrust us to do this. The proof is in the numbers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast