First of all I would like to apologize for my intermittent involvement in the past two months.

As some of you may know, I had 4 deaths in the family within the last few weeks. 3 of which are close, one of those was extremely close.

First off was my aunt's diagnosis of cancer. She was diagnosed last August and was deteriorating up until November (which explains why I was unable to keep tabs on our photo contest). She was still ok but her rapid decline in health prompted everyone in the family to chip in. This was around November, right around Thanksgiving.

The first to pass was her mother in law. She passed away on December 18th of old age. Then on her funeral (22nd of December) an uncle of mine who I learned photography with was killed by a hit and run (he was run over by two vehicles and is still undergoing investigation as a homicide) mere yards from his house. He was the only family member unable to go to the funeral but in turn died that day in that accident. We find out the day before Christmas eve.

The new year rolls around and my aunt, who had been placed in hospice care on Christmas eve, was failing day in and day out. Close family and friends started to come and she makes it up through the first few days of the new year. On the 4th of January, her husband's uncle (sister of the mother in law who just passed) dies of old age. The following day (5th) she loses her fight with cancer. She is the elder sister of my dad.

My uncle ed is the worst hit. He is the husband of my late aunt. He lost his mom on Dec 18th, loses an uncle on the 4th and lost his wife (my aunt) on the 5th. So we have just been through funeral after funeral. Only now am I getting back into my regular routine.

I made an online memorial for my aunt, and have made several updates since. Please feel free to view and leave comments if you wish. Thanks for your time.

Remembering Tita Cathy - Home