Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up Sprint Customers

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks

Heads up Sprint Customers

This. is. bullshit.

Sprint will increase its postpaid rates by applying a $10 per month Premium Data add-on charge to activations of smartphones beginning Jan. 30. The charge will assist Sprint in offering simple and affordable unlimited plans for its customers while maintaining a wireless network able to meet the growing appetite for a richer mobile experience. Subscribers with smartphones will still receive the best value in wireless, including the Any Mobile, Anytime feature offered nationwide only by Sprint.
    Sprint Newsroom | Smartphones Drive Wireless Data Explosion

From what I hear, those of us currently with Sprint will be grandfathered in until we upgrade phones, perform an ESN swap (new phone due to damage), or change our plans at all.

Soooooo . . . if you're on Sprint now and want a new phone, you've got less than two weeks to do it or you'll be paying an extra $10/mo if you do it on or after Jan 30. I'm going to wrap my Bb in bubble wrap so I don't break this fucker. (already broke it once in the 3 months I've had it)

Cell phones are getting ridiculous. I love how my simple Bb Curve is categorized as a 'data heavy phone'. Just a bunch of BS so I can subisidize all the jackasses with touchscreen phones who stream video and crap all day.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    This. is. bullshit.

Sprint Newsroom | Smartphones Drive Wireless Data Explosion

From what I hear, those of us currently with Sprint will be grandfathered in until we upgrade phones, perform an ESN swap (new phone due to damage), or change our plans at all.

Soooooo . . . if you're on Sprint now and want a new phone, you've got less than two weeks to do it or you'll be paying an extra $10/mo if you do it on or after Jan 30. I'm going to wrap my Bb in bubble wrap so I don't break this fucker. (already broke it once in the 3 months I've had it)

Cell phones are getting ridiculous. I love how my simple Bb Curve is categorized as a 'data heavy phone'. Just a bunch of BS so I can subisidize all the jackasses with touchscreen phones who stream video and crap all day.
    Do you expect anything less from the most wreckless spending cellphone company in the world? You know how our government is doing the whole spending copious amounts of money they don't have thing? Yeah, well, at times I wonder if Sprint is micromanaged by the government. Sprint's theory to success: Just throw money at it.

Advanced Tech? verified Feedback Score 0 i3igpete's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    is this IN ADDITION to the 4G rollout fee they already have?
    Maddog Performance Engineering

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igpete View Post
    Good question. I just signed up with them but for the EVO and it already gets the additional charge. 10 bucks isn't bad at all when you look at what verizon gouges you for....stoopid verizon. I'm moving to sprint, getting damn near unlimited everything and it is going to run me just shy of 130 a month after taxes. Verizon I had less minutes and less texting for an extra 40 bucks a month (two phones). I'm still a happy camper then But yeeea...still sucks because my additional fee was justified by being for the "4g" capabilities.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i3igpete View Post
    That is correct. The vast majority of places don't even have 4G either and yet Sprint still charges for that regardless of your location. You guys should take a look at Sprint's financial history/fiscal budgeting. It's quite unsettling. Yet people are willing to pay for it just they can have an EVO 4G which is an OK phone. It's got a big screen and large camera going for it, that's about it. "The greatest phone on the market" apparently only comes with 512MB of internal memory.

Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    I got tired of subsidizing AT&T's network for the iPhone users so I switched to Sprint for the better pricing. This is crap. I use an average of 50MB/mo on my Bb Curve. I've got friends who use on average 500MB/mo+. So they use 10x my data usage yet we'll be paying the same thing?

Stupid.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    I got tired of subsidizing AT&T's network for the iPhone users so I switched to Sprint for the better pricing. This is crap. I use an average of 50MB/mo on my Bb Curve. I've got friends who use on average 500MB/mo+. So they use 10x my data usage yet we'll be paying the same thing?

Stupid.
    Blackberry phones generally don't use quite as much data as Android phones. For one thing, Android phones tend to use far more apps since they have far more at their disposal. Not only that, from my experience, people with Androids tend to spend more time surfing the web on their phones. I'd assume it's because it's easier to do for longer periods since screens tend to be larger on Androids. But yeah, cellphone companies make a killing of people like you who use about 50mb of data per month and pay for a smartphone.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Dbeltran24's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    For all sprint haters, guess who is getting the new dual core LG Star Optimus 2x? Sprint is, before anyone else. Already seen video's of it and it outperforms all phones on the market currently. Also, for the most part (in my area atleast) sprint has great coverage (including 4g). In addition, their rates for data are much better than most other companies. As far as I'm concerned they can keep throwing money at things. So far i'm yet to have any complaints.
    MODS - DNP Intake with K&N Style Filter, Polished DOHC Throttle Body with Portmatched Plenum, Portmatched Intake and Exhuast Ports on Heads, Ported Intake Passages in Heads, Performance Valve Job (Street), 3SX WebCams Reground Cams, .20 Overbored Block/Pistons, 3SX Fed Spec Downpipe with Gutted Rear Pre-Cat, 3SX Stock Size Crank Pulley, BigTyla Ground Wires, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Seatlle92VR4's Hyper-Flex Polyurethane Motor, Ultimate Performance Strut Bars, 3SX Polyurethane Suspension Bushings, Shift Kit

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbeltran24 View Post
    For all sprint haters, guess who is getting the new dual core LG Star Optimus 2x? Sprint is, before anyone else. Already seen video's of it and it outperforms all phones on the market currently. Also, for the most part (in my area atleast) sprint has great coverage (including 4g). In addition, their rates for data are much better than most other companies. As far as I'm concerned they can keep throwing money at things. So far i'm yet to have any complaints.
    Yeah, but stockholders do. They've already almost gone bankrupt and lost countless towers because of liberal spending. I don't care who anyone has for a provider. It's their choice, not mine.

Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadmollafolla View Post
    Blackberry phones generally don't use quite as much data as Android phones. For one thing, Android phones tend to use far more apps since they have far more at their disposal. Not only that, from my experience, people with Androids tend to spend more time surfing the web on their phones. I'd assume it's because it's easier to do for longer periods since screens tend to be larger on Androids. But yeah, cellphone companies make a killing of people like you who use about 50mb of data per month and pay for a smartphone.
    Yes they do, and I know they will continue to make a killing off me.

My question is, why not charge users of a touch-screen/android/iphone based device a fee based on the fact they inherently use data many multiples greater than us simple Bb users. It's pretty fucking bogus that if I break my Curve and have it replaced after Jan 30 that I'll be subject to this fee going forward. I didn't sign a contract for that shit, how would they like it if I just start short paying my bill by $10/mo because I felt like it? That's akin to what they're doing and it's wrong.

New subscribers fine, they can make the choice to go with Sprint or not. But those of us currently under contract should not be subject to the fee until we sign a new contract. A simple ESN swap does not constitute acceptance of a new contract with increased rates.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast