Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: FS: 356mm Rotor Ksport Big Brake kit $1500 inc NEW better rotors + Yellow stuff pads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Posts
    1,804
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    FS: 356mm Rotor Ksport Big Brake kit $1500 inc NEW better rotors + Yellow stuff pads

    Just a heads up guys, I'm looking at moving to the 380mm Ksport 8 piston big brake kit, and to do this I need to sell my current kit, I'm after ~$1,500

    this includes Calipers + New Improved Rotors (these ones have considerably thicker walls) + new Pads + Braided SS brake lines.

    The Rotors + Pads have not been fitted, however if this kit does not sell in a few weeks I might put them in and see how she feels

    Comparing this kit to stock, I found that on a certain stretch of road the stock rotors + redstuff pads would start to fade after 2-3 hairpins, with this kit it never faded, has been awesome, the only issue I've had is that the stock rotors developed small cracks, upon speaking at length with Ksport they mentioned that this was due to the first batch of brake kits they did being of thin walled rotor (something like 6-7mm of meat) the current batch that they tell me they have no problems with and are better than the AP Racing rotors are actually 9-10mm of meat so I bought a new set of rotors (yet to be installed) and a new set of Yellow stuff brake pads (the next level up from Red stuff)

    Pix here : http://www.3sgto.org/f29/fs-356mm-ro...html#post56975
    Last edited by MR2; 01-15-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering