Thread: Fog Light Mod for 91's Only

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks

Thumbs up Fog Light Mod for 91's Only

Mod only works for 91 models

So I have gone through a bunch of the Fog Light Mod threads and all of them did not work on my 91 Stealth R/T. Seems the 91's have completely different wiring then all later years. I did the one wire snake eye mod a couple months ago and noticed that my fog lights would not come on. My 92 Stealth does not have this problem, They come on just fine with the mod.

I started with John Moores' Fog Light MOD. I noticed right off the bat that it probably wouldn't work as the wire colors were different. Here is his diagram:

My wire was colored red-blue!

I still tried to ground out that one wire and nothing. All it did was blow the fuse. So out with the voltmeter. I noticed the wire that John referred to on my Stealth had SV when the headlights where on. I also noticed that the wire next to it "Red-Yellow" also had voltage??? Pushing the Fog light switch and I had no power to the Red-Yellow wire. OK...

So I cut the Red-Blue wire back some and taped off the end going into the harness. The Red-Blue wire going into the connector I applied 12+ power to and the fog lights came on.

Now I needed to find a switchable power wire that would only let the fog lights come on when I turned arm switch to park-lights. Luckily there is a switchable power source right below the cluster. Remove the panel for the dimmer/mirror switch. We are going to get power from the dimmer switch as it has a switchable power wire that only comes on when the lights are on. The connector will have three wires going into it. You will need to tap into the green as seen here curtsy or Jeff Lucius: Stealth 316 - Wiring tips - power, lights, and ground connections

Tap the wire "Red-Blue" coming from the fog light switch into the Green wire on the dimmer. You now have a switchable power source turning on the fog lights.

The fog lights will now function anytime the column switch is turned to Park or Headlights. The fog lights will still turn off when High-beams are on as the column switch kills the ground wire going to the Fog Light relay. Fix for this problem can be found here:http://www.3si.org/forum/f11/how-wir...w-pics-255005/

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by DrGonzo; 09-12-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers