Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: My Twin 20G Build

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Congrats on the build. Some nice looking work there!

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    I hope to see this car, you and Mark at the Texas Gathering.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I hope to attend, but I'm constantly haunted by small problems with this car. We replaced a boot on a spark plug wire because the spark burned a hole through the side, then all of a sudden the dash and tail lights start going out. We have taken apart the dash, removed the radio, disconnected the active aero, etc, etc, done everything we could, and it still keeps blowing the tail light fuse. Am I missing something?

Also, for some reason, both my coolant hard pipes are leaking at the water necks through the couplers (stock coolant hoses cut to make couplers), so I may have to get some new couplers.
    -David

94 3500gt vr2? verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A while back I had a problem with the tail light fuse repeatedly blowing. It ended up being my rear defroster wire shorting out somehow. I think it's a green wire that runs from the hatch, up the passenger side floor. I don't remember how I figured this out, but I either disconnected the rear defroster at the glass or yanked the whole wire out.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 20G_VR4 View Post
    I hope to attend, but I'm constantly haunted by small problems with this car. We replaced a boot on a spark plug wire because the spark burned a hole through the side, then all of a sudden the dash and tail lights start going out. We have taken apart the dash, removed the radio, disconnected the active aero, etc, etc, done everything we could, and it still keeps blowing the tail light fuse. Am I missing something?

Also, for some reason, both my coolant hard pipes are leaking at the water necks through the couplers (stock coolant hoses cut to make couplers), so I may have to get some new couplers.
    Ugh, that sounds like a nightmare. Good luck tracking everything down. At least come dyno on Nov 10th
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    I hope to see this car, you and Mark at the Texas Gathering.
    depends on what i have going on. and if i got the cash i would like to go. but uncertain right now on the funds asspect.

Quote Originally Posted by n2nsanity View Post
    A while back I had a problem with the tail light fuse repeatedly blowing. It ended up being my rear defroster wire shorting out somehow. I think it's a green wire that runs from the hatch, up the passenger side floor. I don't remember how I figured this out, but I either disconnected the rear defroster at the glass or yanked the whole wire out.
    yah we disconnected it in the rear, but didnt disconnect it under the floorboards. Were exactly is that wire ran and where does it end up at so we could just disconnect it at a plug or something up front.

and we still need to replace the one of the fans with a spal fan before it goes on any trips.

When you have time to put my car back together, money will fall into your hands, lol !

Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Taylor View Post
    When you have time to put my car back together, money will fall into your hands, lol !

Marshall
    lol, waiting on machine shop, supra had to get new pistons and machine block. prolly like 2-3 weeks out guesstimating