Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: DIY 94-97 to 98-99 Patch Harness Parts

  1. #21
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Edit: Figured it out. Order placed. Psyched to get this harness all made up - bonus is I can use it as a boomslang too - you guys are AWESOME for sharing so much info and I owe all of you a beer at NG
    Last edited by lawdogg; 02-22-2011 at 10:37 PM.

  2. #22
    Did you buy the parts from the links a posted?

  3. #23
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prop7459 View Post
    Did you buy the parts from the links a posted?
    Yes, but I'm also using parts from a hacked 1g harness I have.

  4. #24
    Mad JDM Tite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    STL
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 88 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Also when you want to go fully programmable and make it plug&play on the OEM harness. There may be the day that you want to put the OEM ECU back in the car and then a hacked up harness will be seriously annoying.
    The non-3S ecu solution will come with an adaptor harness, you won't be hacking anything up. To switch back you would just pull out the new ecu, remove the adaptor harness, and install the old ecu.

  5. #25
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    Ok so thanks to CoreyB to pointing this out ... you all might know this but I'm a little obtuse.

    To make an adapter harness between a 1g and a hybrid ECU, the only thing you have to worry about is the little 12-pin plug. The other three plugs are for all intensive purposes directly complimentary.

    See http://www.plxdevices.com/ECUDatabas...thTT_91_97.pdf.

    Only 1 pin *needs* to go into the hyrid's 12-pin plug:

    A quick run-through of the terminals off Stealth316 shows these pins are all in the 12-pin plug on the 94-95, and here's where they get their signal from on the 91-93:

    Pin 59: A/C Switch 2
    Pin 60: Rear heated o2 sensor, emissions (cali) - not present in 91-93
    Pin 58: Engine Ignition Signal
    Pin 52: Ignition Timing Adjustment Terminal

    And come from these pins on the 91-93:

    Pin 20: A/C Switch 2
    Pin 101: Engine Ignition Signal
    Pin 104: Ignition Timing Adjustment Terminal

    In other words, if you want to run a 1g ECU on a 94-95, or a hybrid ECU in a 1g, you'll pretty much only have to deal with the Engine Ignition Signal and the 12-pin plug. SO there's no need to build a fancy adaptor harness unless you want to use it as a boomslang harness or something along those lines.

    Thanks Corey!
    Last edited by lawdogg; 03-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.

  6. #26
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    What about an obd2 com port? This is important for 1G cars to use the evoscan 2.0 cable.

    2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - 1.8L 5-speed 3.9 torsen FMII powered
    Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/threa.../greg-pa-build

    99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
    98 Pearl White VR4 #54 of 231 - 12.84@105mph - 93 Octane 12.50@107mph - 100 Octane with Chromed ECU - sold
    99 Pearl White VR4 #108 of 287 - 3RD place stock car class ECG 11 - Sold
    98 Black VR4: 100% stock - totalled by an Illegal 2-12-08
    95 White Stealth TT - 11.852 @ 118.25 - sold
    95 SSG Stealth TT - 11.981 @ 115.81mph - sold

    "I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."

  7. #27
    Don't quote on this but the DSM guys grounded pin 79 on to a 2.5mm aux port to allow the rewriting to the ECU. I don't see why we can use a similar method.

  8. #28
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
    The com port is the missing piece of the puzzle ... I know you can wire one in, Aaron did it, but I don't know where to source the part. I suppose I could hit up the junk yard and hack one from a 2g DSM.
    Support NG!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
    The com port is the missing piece of the puzzle ... I know you can wire one in, Aaron did it, but I don't know where to source the part. I suppose I could hit up the junk yard and hack one from a 2g DSM.
    You can buy the flash connector dirt cheap. Here is the link

    EvoScan 1998-2006 Mitsubishi Reflash Connector

  10. #30
    I lack color... verified

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Aug 1998

    Posts
    3,589
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 498 Times in 241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prop7459 View Post
    You can buy the flash connector dirt cheap. Here is the link

    EvoScan 1998-2006 Mitsubishi Reflash Connector
    You still need the 2.0 cable. All that piece does is provide a regulated power source to the cable which will enable flashing.
    Last edited by Greg E; 03-09-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering