Thread: Another Car won't start thread.

Another Car won't start thread.

A little back story, me and friend were looking for an oil leak near on my 1995 RT/TT near the timming area. We decided to degrease the area and wash it down with water. After that, we jack up the front of the car and try to start the car. The car took a little while to start (low fuel) and ran for 10 seconds and back fired and died immediately. We checked for spark and fuel and found we had no fuel. We replaced the fuel pump and the relay and we got fuel back. The car still won't start, we haven't check the ECU(need to borrow one) or CAS yet. Before degreasing and washing the driver side of the engine, the car ran with no problems. We did a cold compression test came out in the low 60s in the front bank (I know cold numbers are not trust worthy).We going to check CAS and ECU after the new year. We have only check for fuel and spark on the front back since its easier to get to. Can you guys point me to any other areas that we are over looking to get this car started?

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm assuming it's cranking, right?
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Its cranking.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Cam Crank angle sensors are probably your best bet. They are the most likely victims of the washing, unless it jumped time somehow.

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Agreed! check you crank angle sensor, and make sure there isn't a big greasy deposit on it or the trigger blades. Also pop open your ECU and see if those caps are leaking, they're pretty easy to get out as I'm sure you know. Good luck man.
    Photobucket

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
    Agreed! check you crank angle sensor, and make sure there isn't a big greasy deposit on it or the trigger blades. Also pop open your ECU and see if those caps are leaking, they're pretty easy to get out as I'm sure you know. Good luck man.
    ^^^ smart man.

I still can't get this car to start. So far I have swap out the cam and crank angle sensor, PTU, and check trimming multiple times, ECU, and did a compression test. Every thing is in order, any more suggestions?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It still has spark and fuel? It's possible that there was water or other crap in the bottom of the tank and you sucked it in if the tank was run dry. You may want to fill the tank with premium and a fuel treatment to see if that helps. Injectors possibly could have been clogged.