Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New ECU, IAC, Coil pack, Fuel Pump, CAS still no start

New ECU, IAC, Coil pack, Fuel Pump, CAS still no start

Alright, I pulled into my drive way one day and the car died, and wouldn't restart. It would just sit there and crank.

I determined I had no spark. But I had fuel to the rails.

I replaced the coil pack(new). same symptoms.
    I replaced the CAS(new), it started!! then died like 20 seconds later.

Now I have spark. But I guess no fuel.

My IAC was buzzing. This whole time.

Got fed up with it and towed it to mitsubishi. They said it had no communication with the scan tool. They said that they KNEW for a FACT that my ECU/PCM was bad.

So I was like okay, that makes sense my buzzing IAC could've fried my ECU!

I replaced the ECU (with a used one) and IAC (new).

IT STILL SITS THERE AND CRANKS BUT WONT START!

So I replaced the fuel pump (back to stock, I had a TT pump in it.)

The car is a 95 base 3000gt

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Does it now communicate with the ECU?

I don't know how to tell. The mitsu people told me that the scan tool had no communication with the ECU. I don't have a scan tool.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Did they say it still wouldn't communicate with the new ECU? if it still has issues even after another ECU it's possible you have a wiring problem. Or they are retarded. Also you have a 95 so that should be a hybrid plyug right? does the dealer know that a standard OBDII reader won't work on these years?

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJOE View Post
    Did they say it still wouldn't communicate with the new ECU? if it still has issues even after another ECU it's possible you have a wiring problem. Or they are retarded. Also you have a 95 so that should be a hybrid plyug right? does the dealer know that a standard OBDII reader won't work on these years?
    I'm not taking it back to Mitsu! I towed it up there with the old ecu and they said that it needed to be replaced. they wanted 1400 + labor.

Not happening, so I towed it back home and put the new ecu in and have the same symptoms.

OH! Also. My brother was helping me replace the IAC. He did the IAC while I was in the car messing with the ECU. I told him it was on the throttle body.

He accidently took out the TPS instead of. Could that be my problem? He put it back but read that you have to recallibrate them.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    It's possible. If the TPS isn't sending a signal it could cause issues. I can;t remember 100% but I think when I was playing around the car wouldn;t start without the TPS connected so maybe remove it again and refit following the corect procedure accroding to the service manual.
    Can you hear the fuel pump running when the ignition is on or when cranking? Could also be a dud CAS. If you did nothign but the CAs and it started the ndied the CAS might have died again. Also have you tested the PTU?

Quote Originally Posted by GTOJOE View Post
    It's possible. If the TPS isn't sending a signal it could cause issues. I can;t remember 100% but I think when I was playing around the car wouldn;t start without the TPS connected so maybe remove it again and refit following the corect procedure accroding to the service manual.
    Can you hear the fuel pump running when the ignition is on or when cranking? Could also be a dud CAS. If you did nothign but the CAs and it started the ndied the CAS might have died again. Also have you tested the PTU?
    I'll try the TPS thing tomorrow, and listen for the pump.

As for the CAS and PTU doesn't that control just spark? I think the spark is okay. So that makes me think that I have no fuel. MFI possible?

Here is a video that I took AFTER the Coil pack and CAS were replaced.

I guess that is good enough spark?

I appreciate the response btw

Alright. I just listened for the pump. I can't hear anything.

I know that the stock pump was good when I replaced it with a good TT one. The car ran fine with the TT fuel pump, but figured I might aswell replace it with stock and see if it solved my problem.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    well you def have spark so maybe focus on the fuel pump. Maybe do the resitor bypass or hotwire so you know it has power. Also check the voltage at the pump when cranking and see if your getting anything. Have you check to see if the plugs are wet after cranking? also the signal from the CAS determines the firing order for the plugs [I think] so if the CAS is faulty it could be firing the plugs at the wrong time........ Need someone with more experience than me

Edit: posted without realising you had posted also... so ignore half of what I said hahaha