Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye 3S :(

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    I would even bet a Shep built FWD trans would be pretty weak. Remember, I had a Quaife and blew 2nd with my massive non turbo SOHC power.
    A guy I knew with a 16g on his GST blew his trans cruising on the highway. Upgraded to a fully built shep trans, and has been beating on it for a year, no issues. You just have really bad luck
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    11/09/10

Thanks
    What about a Lancer? My son has an OZ-Rally (which is just a stock lancer with rims and wing). They're very good cars. $4300 won't get you an evo, but it will get you a nice reliable base one.

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Well... You may have grown up in a different setting than I have, but this is where I cut the cord with my dad. Since I bought my first car (1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE Turbo) he was always trying to force me into something like a Camaro, Foxbody, or a pickup. When I had taken him to look at the Stealth I bought (Which was my third car) He absoloutly HATED it! He wanted nothing to do with it either, hell, he didn't even let me put it in the garage to get it working again... How I finally got him to cave and let me buy it was a good talk about "this is my life". I simply told my dad "sorry, but I don't like the same cars you do". Get indepth with it, if a 3/S/GTO is what you really want then by all means fight for it, things may get a little tense here and there, but you need to show them that you're all grown up somewhere along the line. I've come as far as getting my dad to help me work on mine now. Whatever you want is what you should have, providind it's in your budget. Just my $0.02.
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by J_Parker View Post
    Well... You may have grown up in a different setting than I have, but this is where I cut the cord with my dad. Since I bought my first car (1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE Turbo) he was always trying to force me into something like a Camaro, Foxbody, or a pickup. When I had taken him to look at the Stealth I bought (Which was my third car) He absoloutly HATED it! He wanted nothing to do with it either, hell, he didn't even let me put it in the garage to get it working again... How I finally got him to cave and let me buy it was a good talk about "this is my life". I simply told my dad "sorry, but I don't like the same cars you do". Get indepth with it, if a 3/S/GTO is what you really want then by all means fight for it, things may get a little tense here and there, but you need to show them that you're all grown up somewhere along the line. I've come as far as getting my dad to help me work on mine now. Whatever you want is what you should have, providind it's in your budget. Just my $0.02.
    The wierdest thing is that my dad has a 3S (I am Boricua-PR's son, were you on the old website?)

He's trying to talk me into getting an MR2.... idk I like Mitsu but the MR2's are pretty cool too, and if I get a DSM it's going to be FWD since all AWD GSX's are beat to a pulp down here in PR

SKADOOSH!!! verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hahaha Yeah, usually works like that too. I wanted to pick up a 63 American Custom Chevy pickup but he declined... He has a 62 lol. I was on the old website briefly, they don't seem to like necomers over there too much, the only guys that were of any help and took my advise are now over here.

MR2's are okay, but working on them is a real PITA!! My cousin had one for a while and we both threw wrenches and said unfathomable things while working on it. If you get a decent FWD you can benefit from it if you're gouing to mod, when I had my 420A Talon There was all sorts of power I could get to the ground with it without worrying about blowing a T-Case or rear diff.

My father was 110% against me buying my 97 VR4... I bought it anyways. Everything was fine after about 2 weeks. He just needed to get used to it and realize that it was not his decision or his money. I remember saying " Dad I hear you, but I have to say that I respectfully disagree with your opinion." You just have to be the "bigger" man in the situation. Get what you want or you'll be regretting it.

John

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    My dad has questioned every automotive purchase decision I've made. He did the same with his dad... It's never gonna change, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    My dad has questioned every automotive purchase decision I've made. He did the same with his dad... It's never gonna change, lol.
    Heh.. i guess...

The Eclipse I was eyeing was also beat... I'm just not that good as spotting things... leaking oil everywhere
    I really think a well maintained car down here is a pipe dream... No one takes care of their car every car I've seen latley is leaking oil or all rusty or something I should eBay a car :/

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    How hard is it to bring a car into PR from the States? That would be your best bet.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Everything here needs to be inspected upon arrival, and we have to pay a wierdo tax that is usually about like 20% of what the car is worth here in PR... But I'm seriously going to check more I could probably find a decent GSX and have it shipped here since everyone here has one to beat the shit out of it.

**EDIT**

Yes, here in PR they check car's current price in the KBB and then shaft you with taxes.... I'd have to pay whatever I find the car for, plus about $850 for shiping and about $750 in taxes....

They say it's cheaper to have the car dismantled and shipped in parts...
    Last edited by ElDominio; 12-30-2010 at 02:52 PM.