Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Selling 6 Speed Getrags at Discount - (New Production Run?)

I'm Marcus
    Owner Since
    '98

Thanks

Thumbs up Mitsubishi Selling 6 Speed Getrags at Discount - (New Production Run?)

Ok Gang

... So you heard it here first (Actually 2nd - I already posted this on Colorado3S.org)

I was picking up my VR4 after having some work done on it at Mile High Mitsubishi in Aurora Colorado last evening. I'm checking out and chatting with the service manager. He looks out the window and see's that my other half is waiting for me in her Spyder and say's:

"hey I just realized you guys own two 3000's - I heard something from the factory that you might be interested in. Our factory rep just told us that they were getting ready to do a special offer on the 6 Speed Getrags Transaxles and Transfer cases for the AWD VR4's and have decided to offer them at a steep discount"

I say "Really.... How much?"

He Says: "$2500 will get you a brand new factory 6 speed Getrag transmission - but you have to prepay on your order by Jan 21st. Delivery will be in late March."

So sounding to good to be true I called him back this morning to confirm and he said this:

"I talked to my District Parts and Service Manager. They are new transmissions and he is not 100 percent sure but he believes they are making a new lot of them. As far as we know at this time they are not going to be offering separate replacement components, however they are also offering new t-cases for $475.00 (just by themselves ). It is a nation wide deal, I would direct folks interested to their nearest local dealer. "

He went on to make it clear that the $2500 price is MileHigh's price. Other Dealers might choose to mark up the goods.

Just for grins I called Cherry Hill to see if they knew about it and they were not aware of this. They were going to "check into it" and call me back with what they know. When they call back - I will post up the response.

That is all the information I have.

Merry Xmas all.

Duke

Correction: I just modified my original post - Mile high just called me back: The Transfer case IS NOT included in their $2500 price -for that price you only get the TransAxle. $475 - get's you the Xfer case. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by duke3k; 12-23-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Favorite Car - A 1998 RED VR4 , pretty much stock except: Suspension: '94 ECS Struts Retrofit w/ Tein H-Techs controlled by TechWorks ECS Suspension Controller

www.renegadetechworks.com Open Source 3000gt ECS Retrofit & Replacement Controllers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duke3k For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Holy cow! That is some awesome news!

Can't wait to hear what you find out from Cherry Hill.

-John

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    awesome, wish they would produce more 5 speeds, but anything like this is good news.

I'm sure there will not be design improvements, but MAYBE the materials have improved.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Nice price, I'm getting one! I saw that Cherry Hill was able to order JDM parts, will these prices apply to JDM 6-speeds? Wishful thinking maybe, but they are all Getrags..

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    That's awesome news, I don't need one ATM but I might pick one up for future use. Thanks for the heads up man!

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    wow, is it a joke? no-one gives a shit about our cars...you lucky bloody americans
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

Why? Because Race Car. verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hope this is legit. We could use some nice new parts at discounted prices. "Over night parts from JAPAN" lol.
    91 R/T TT
    Mods: RC 550s, Stillen Downpipe, Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, HKS Exhaust, HKS VPC, HKS EBC, HKS Turbo Timber, HKS Twin Power, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS SMIC, HKS Fuel Pump, Wiseco Pistons, 3SX Rods, Ferrera SS Valves, 3rd Gen Lifters, 15G Turbos, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, B&M FMOC, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley, EGR blockoff.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ^ ahaha. i hope this is true

Secret Lurker Man! verified
    Owner Since
    7/10/06 or somethin

Thanks
    I saw we all pitch in 25 bucks each (I think there's enough 3S guys in the world) to buy one of these trans and xfers and send'em to Atrosity and have him reverse engineer the bastard and make lots of replacement parts and possible improved parts haha....That's a DAMN STEAL of a price, wish I had money

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Wow, I guess we have to adjust prices accordingly. Gee I wonder how long until shop #xx buys them all up, holds them 6 months, then sells them for triple the price; oops did I say that out loud?