Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any jeep guys out there

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hotGTO View Post
    Not hardly! No weight in the back at all... The back end comes around all day!
    I dont know where you are coming from. Try keeping your foot out of the pedal. Compared to a truck or car the rear end is more stable in my Cherokee. The axles sit right under the rear seats and as such the wheelbase is quite short. This gives great weight distribution over the rear tires. Couldn't do much better for a Front-RWD drivetrain.

No BS
    Owner Since
    Sorry if you care, I could be lying anyway!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
    I dont know where you are coming from. Try keeping your foot out of the pedal. Compared to a truck or car the rear end is more stable in my Cherokee. The axles sit right under the rear seats and as such the wheelbase is quite short. This gives great weight distribution over the rear tires. Couldn't do much better for a Front-RWD drivetrain.
    Here's where I am coming from...

Granted my jeep is a torque monster, but even with these tank treads and driving carefully, it sucks in the snow while in 2 wheel drive. Sitting at a stop sign in snow in 2wd = spinning your back tire... In 4wd, I can drive THROUGH a snow bank higher than my bumpers... No disrespect, but I have driven it in the snow enough to know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by hotGTO; 09-15-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    Here's where I am coming from...

Granted my jeep is a torque monster, but even with these tank treads and driving carefully, it sucks in the snow while in 2 wheel drive. Sitting at a stop sign in snow in 2wd = spinning your back tire... In 4wd, I can drive THROUGH a snow bank higher than my bumpers... No disrespect, but I have driven it in the snow enough to know what I'm talking about.
    Yea, you got me...

Ive only been living in the Rockies half of my life...

No BS
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Cheers.... They still don't handle snow well in 2wd...

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    Hell, my Liberty doesn't handle light RAIN in 2wd lol. It has enough torque to spin the rear tires easily if I just goose the throttle a little too hard. Dry pavement it's great, but slick roads, much less snow... no traction. However, that's why I live in the south, no snow and not much rain either.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UTRacerX9 For This Useful Post:

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    I think we still arent on the same page. You bring up 4wd, but im strictly speaking of RWD capabilities as ive experienced. For solely a rwd vehicle they do better than most RWD vehicles out there. That is my experience.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hardly anything handles snow well in 2wd. My montero does ok with the rear locked (stock air locker) but with it unlocked it sucks. In 4wd its a damn tank.

I can't even imagine how bad a jeep would be with the torque they have and a peg-leg.
    steve
    97 VR4 12.41 on stock turbos
    91 MR2 13.80 at stock boost
    91 stealth TT with a couple bolt ons
    and a laundry list of others....

No BS
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Um, 4x4 Jeep in 2wd IS REAR WHEEL DRIVE.... I do understand you are comparing a 2wd rwd Jeep with other 2wd rwd vehicles, but I disagree, there is no weight in the back of my Cherokee or any 2wd Cherokee unless there is alot of steel racks and bumpers on the back and even then those would be 4x4 so you don't mean those you mean the 2wd Jeeps. The of all the rwd vehicles I have ever driven (and I am 40 Ive driven a lot of them before fwd even became standard) the only one that was worse than the torquey rwd of my 4x4 Cherokee was the torquey rwd 3.6 liter Chevy Astro Van I once owned... You asked me where I was coming from and I think I have clearly made my point now...

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Um, 4x4 Jeep in 2wd IS REAR WHEEL DRIVE.... I do understand you are comparing a 2wd rwd Jeep with other 2wd rwd vehicles, but I disagree, there is no weight in the back of my Cherokee or any 2wd Cherokee unless there is alot of steel racks and bumpers on the back and even then those would be 4x4 so you don't mean those you mean the 2wd Jeeps. The of all the rwd vehicles I have ever driven (and I am 40 Ive driven a lot of them before fwd even became standard) the only one that was worse than the torquey rwd of my 4x4 Cherokee was the torquey rwd 3.6 liter Chevy Astro Van I once owned... You asked me where I was coming from and I think I have clearly made my point now...
    Ummmm what?

And I've never seen a 3.6 astro van.

Formerly OwnGTP/WantRTTT
    Owner Since
    April 2004

Thanks
    Meh, all these complaints about RWD just sounds like people don't know how to drive.

I used to put my Ram in 2WD in the snow with my shitty 20" Wrangler HPs hahaha. It was fun.

My Jeep has no problems with rain, snow, mud, whatever - Quadra Drive for the win.
    Tony M.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - There's Only One.
    1995 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo - Gone but not forgotten . . .
    “The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.” -- Author Unknown