Someone told me that you couldn't over-torque or over-tighten the belt-tensioner bolt that leads to the a/c (in the N/A - figure its the same setup on the TT's) pulley. Well, ever since I last swapped the belt and tightened the belt tensioner bolt, the engine shakes when the a/c is turned on. I believe I have ruined the bearing in my a/c compressor due to noise I hear now and it nearly locking up the engine when I turn on the a/c now.

I can't find this information in the manual, so anyone with any knowledge of belt tensioning or having done it before please respond... What do you think the max torque should be set to to tighten the belt tensioner bolt (the one that leads to the a/c pulley)?

All I can find in the manual is a belt deflection value to be measured by pushing on the belt itself after its installed and I don't have a belt deflection measuring tool, nor do I wish to buy one. It seems like you could just use the torque wrench at a certain torque and it would put the belt at the right tension and that's. I know this seems like a simple thing, but its very important as to the wear on the bearings of all connected components.

*** DOWN WITH 3SI. LONG LIVE 3SGTO!!! *** - WOULD BE NICE THOUGH IF 3SI.ORG COULD BE SOLD TO ALAN, BUT I KNOW THAT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN.