Thread: Error codes 12 and 25 both MAF related?

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Error codes 12 and 25 both MAF related?

I have just got a data logger and retrieved 2 codes. I have found they are:

12 Air flow sensor - I know I have a bad MAF as the car runs much better with it unplugged.

25 Barometric pressure sensor - where is this sensor? Is it part of the MAF?
    Last edited by cdc; 12-17-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Twin Turbo verified Feedback Score 5 (100%) GTOJOE's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Using the wrong MAF will also give you these codes. How did it happen? also did you unplug the MAF while the ignition was one? cus that will give both of these codes as well.

Edit: yes the barro sensor is part of the MAF. There is a barro sensor, air temp sensor and air flow meter.

read this.

http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?...etric+pressure
    Last edited by GTOJOE; 12-17-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Stealth owner since '91 Feedback Score 0 Steve '92ES's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Another thing that causes those codes is starting the car with the MAF unplugged.
    The codes get stored and take a while to clear. Try clearing them and see if the come back.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I have had the car a few weeks now and it was running fine, then then ECU went bad so I replaced it with a rebuilt one. Again all was well for about a week then the CEL came on and the car would not accelerate up a hill near my home at all when cold.

I was told to try unplugging the maf and see if it helps. Well it did and the car runs much better so I tried cleaning it with crc cleaner. This actually broke it completely and now the car tries to stall with it plugged in.

I cleared the codes before I tried cleaning the maf but they came straight back on. So hopefully with a new one both codes will clear.

EDIT: Are all MAF's the same for the NA's I have a 91 DOHC Stealth ES
    Last edited by cdc; 12-17-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    This is what killed mine as well. I used elctronic parts cleaner and it killed it. I would suspect the only problem you have is the air flow meter but cus you can it without the MAF plugged in you got the other code as well. Either way you need another MAF. I would suggest only replacing it with another one with the same number on it. However you maight get away with using any NA model. Also when I had this issue I was told any MAF would work but this is not the case for JDM models [or anyone running a JDM ECU]. So if your new ECU is a JDM then you need the exact same MAF. If not try your luck with any. I have 2 NA MAFs i'm willing to sell but i'm in Australia.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm not sure if the ecu is JDM or not, how could I tell? I can get a used MAF for $40 but im not sure if the numbers match.

Owner Since

Thanks
    What part number was on the replacement ECU? also the number on the maf is a 3 digit number. Just try to match that up. As per my link above these numbers correspond to the last 3 numbers of the part number.