Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No oil pressure on startup!

and a 95 too!
    Owner Since
    April 2005

Thanks
    No gasket for oil pan, I use the Mitsu recommended stuff (purchased from 3SX with my new pan), but I am sure there are comparable products that will accomplish a seal as well. Careful removing the pan. It is super easy to end up with a very wavy sealing surface from removal by wedging between the pan and block, even with the factory tools. You can also damage the drain if you pull from it as well. I replaced my pan so I don't have a method that doesn't distort or damage it at least a little, sorry. I am sure it has been covered by others.....

Member verified
    Owner Since
    Aug 15, 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deemo99 View Post
    No gasket for oil pan, I use the Mitsu recommended stuff (purchased from 3SX with my new pan), but I am sure there are comparable products that will accomplish a seal as well. Careful removing the pan. It is super easy to end up with a very wavy sealing surface from removal by wedging between the pan and block, even with the factory tools. You can also damage the drain if you pull from it as well. I replaced my pan so I don't have a method that doesn't distort or damage it at least a little, sorry. I am sure it has been covered by others.....
    Small flat head screwdriver and hammer. Just NEVER pry with the screwdriver, just get it barely under the edge of the seal to break it and work your way around the block.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the way i remove the oil pan is i took a putty knife and shorten the blade to about 1 inch and then ground it sharp on the end and side. this way i can drive it in and then drive it down the length of the pan using the side of it i sharpened to not distort the pan

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deemo99 View Post
    It looks a little more complicated than I expected, but I'm used to working on V-8's so they don't cross over anything on the way to the rear. Wish me luck!!! LOL Let's hope I don't mess this up since I will be doing it at someone else's house.
    I found a post on Stealth316.
    Stealth 316 oil pan R/R
    Moving on to reality. Sold my 3KGT, and now I am selling off my parts.
    Click here to see my parts for sale

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I hate to resurrect an old post from the dead, but this started happening again. So here's the recap...
    -At totally random times when I start the car it idles as if there is a misfire and the car acts like it wants to stall.
    -I can hold down the gas pedal to keep the RPM's around 1K to keep the engine running.
    -As long as the engine is running the oil pressure is normal, according to the gauge.
    -I'm not sure if this is related, but when I crank the car when the engine is cold I get what sound like lifter tick. I'm not convinced it is lifter tick since the ticking noise is constant and does not follow the RPM's of the engine.

My first thought is that I have a cylinder that is not firing(bad spark or something) because once the car is warm it purrs like a kitten. I have read in some posts in the past about people driving their cars for short distances, parking it for 30 mins to an hour, then cranking it up and having a rough idle. Well, I get that from time to time also.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.