Owner Since

Thanks
    you guys are in america...everything is stupid expensive in australia
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    while I remember, I'm also testing a new filter...stock is Z79, this one is a Z148...this one is around 1" longer...nfi but hey...giving it a shot (and it was $12 as opposed to the stocker at $40)

Australia verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I just did an engine oil (Redline 10W40) change with a new Ryco Z79A filter.

I previously had a genuine Mitsubishi filter on, next if I feel like wasting some cash i'll give the Mobil 1 Extreme Performance filter a go lol

http://www.gllubricants.com/index.ph...-EP-Oil-Filter

Let us know the verdict anyway...
    Kangaroo

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    no worries, well so far the new diff oil(Limslip) was feeling clunky, but after a few km it's feeling better than the stock stuff! I'm assuming that's just due to the run in. the VMX Seems excellent too not as good as the GL5....as I think it was essentially wearing down the syncro big time, every time I changed gear...which kinda explained why no matter how I drove I was never blocked out of any gear like most people report

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Shell Rotella was originally developed for heavy duty trucks, hence they had lots of the "magic" ingredient for "heavy duty" anti-wear: Zinc. In addition, the formulation of additives were designed to address the same problems race car engines faced. Hence, Rotella T developed a strong and loyal group of users in the performance community. And they earned and deserved that following. But the original was not synthetic. I haven't had the opportunity to test their synthetic product, but I would expect it to be equally impressive as their original product. That said, I feel the AMSOIL racing oil has a slight edge in drain interval and anti-wear/anti-bearing "pound out". I doubt anyone in a thousand failures would be able to say using Rotella instead of AMSOIL was the cause of the failure.

I would fully support using Rotella. I would throw Mobil One (and any product they make) in the trash PRIOR to using it. That way, the only thing I have to trash is the Mobil One. Obviously, my experience with their products has been dismal. As a preemptive response to all those who say "well, then why does GM/Chrysler/ etc/etc/etc recommend it for use in the Corvette/Viper/ etc/etc/etc", I say: FOLLOW THE MONEY. Mobil One pays these customers a great deal of money for the privilege. And that's all I have to say about that.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    with the exception of their oil filters, i'd say i agree. last i heard, the mobil 1 filters were still on the better end of what's available. not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Advanced Tech? verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just wanted to post my personal experience with Amsoil MTG. Previously I was using synchromesh and what I found is that it would always give me the same performance cold or warm, would grind if you tried to force it into gear. However, cold and warm shifting was fine if you took it easy.

after switching to amsoil last year, i've found that warm performance is much better. Cold is still the same, need to ease it into gear or it will grind. After driving about a half mile or so and it warms up, shifting gets a lot softer. after the engine and transmission are at full temps, all you feel is slight resistance when you shift, and then it just drops right in. High RPM upshifts and downshifts are no problem, you can shove it into gear like a honda and not have to think about it.
    Maddog Performance Engineering

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i3igpete For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Good info Pete. I've noticed some "notchiness" in my transmission as of late and this might be what helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOX View Post
    I just did an engine oil (Redline 10W40) change with a new Ryco Z79A filter.

I previously had a genuine Mitsubishi filter on, next if I feel like wasting some cash i'll give the Mobil 1 Extreme Performance filter a go lol

Mobil 1 EP Oil Filter — Cheapest Fully Synthetic Engine Oil in AU

Let us know the verdict anyway...
    Ive got one fitted a few hundred km ago and I'll see just how nasty the oil is at 5000km compared to a Ryco. This may take some time as I probably only do about 300km a month at the moment.

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My mate is a diesel mechanic and he suggested using a Baldwin filter so I have ordered one.

Baldwin Filters | Lube Filters

Baldwin Filters E-Catalog
    1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, HKS Twin Power DLI, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
    Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors.

Build Thread